FXpansion VST to RTAS adapter...

slashvanyoung

Dopefish lives!
Jul 18, 2006
Germany
So how well does this thing work? I read somewhere that you can get into trouble if the plugins you wanna wrap aren't coded exactly to vst-specs.

I've been using Cubase and Reaper primarily in the last years but I've still got M-Powered from the days when we had a PT HD rig at the studio and I wanted to do editing at home.

I'm thinking about going back to M-Powered now but I've become quite dependant on some of the VSTs out there.

Now it would be cool to hear a few opinions on the wrapper before I go for it.

The only plugin I've wrapped is apTrigga but it works flawlessly. I would try and find RTAS replacements for your VSTs if you can, but if not the wrapper seems to work fine. Part of me just doesn't trust it instinctively because it seems like a sketchy messy workaround but it really does work.

So how well does this thing work? I read somewhere that you can get into trouble if the plugins you wanna wrap aren't coded exactly to vst-specs.

I've been using Cubase and Reaper primarily in the last years but I've still got M-Powered from the days when we had a PT HD rig at the studio and I wanted to do editing at home.

I'm thinking about going back to M-Powered now but I've become quite dependant on some of the VSTs out there.

Now it would be cool to hear a few opinions on the wrapper before I go for it.

Indeed, some plugins can be problematic if they use unusual coding procedure. But the vast majority of plugins work fine with it. We've tested with Leopard, Snow Leopard, and Windows 7, and it still performs. However, there are known plugins out there that have never worked, due to strange GUI implementation usually.

If you're thinking to wrap all the freebie amp sims, I don't foresee that you'll have a problem.

So I got the wrapper and it works surprisingly well! Really, really nice being able to use these sweet freebie VSTs in a PT environment.