FYI: BG/SX show in Houston tonight CANCELLED!!!

The club manager said "Symphony X and Blind Guardian caught a bug." I say horseshit. Austin has the most vibrant music scene in Texas and the show only pulled 150 last night. Why can't they just say they weren't going to make any money by coming to Houston? It's a completely legitimate excuse. Why the bullshit?

Why can't they just say they weren't going to make any money by coming to Houston? It's a completely legitimate excuse.
No it's not, IMHO. It would be one thing if they decided after the first show in Rocester (which only had 150-200 people from what I've heard), that the tour was a bust and they had to cut the tour short. But to wait until the last minute to cancel (and to only have notice of the cancellation on a website that some people might not have checked), that would be pretty inexcusable if the only reason was because they thought the turnout was going to be too small to be worth the trouble. Heck, given that Cardi's never updated their message I wonder how many people showed up expecting to see BG and Symphony X play.

Somehow I doubt that's the reason though, or why would they just cancel Houston. I haven't heard about the Dallas show being canceled, and I see no reason to think that more people would show up in Dallas than Houston. For that matter, Austin may have a diverse music scene but it's a much smaller city than Houston. What sucks is that if they had just never scheduled a show in Houston I could have made arrangements to attend in Dallas or maybe Austin.

I wonder what the chances are that Symphony X could make up for it by doing a Houston show on the upcoming headline tour that people have been talking about. I know, probably not likely, but I can wish...

I spoke to Mike LePond Thursday night at the Austin show, and it seems that it was the promoter of the Houston show that cancelled (So who ever does the booking for Cardi's). It had nothing to do with the bands and any bug. In fact they seemed pretty bummed that they weren't gonna be able to do the show. However, he did mention they would be back ;)

~D