San Antonio - 8/5/07

Iolus

New Metal Member
Aug 4, 2007
Anyone going? I went to see SX 5 years ago and BG blew out the system and they cancelled. But hung out with the band and became a huge fan. I made a huge thread here after this happened. After, Romeo promised me theyll come back, I finally get to see them live.

The shows a sunday so Im really hoping there wont be any retards trying to mosh and ruin the show. Im expecting a classy show... though theres hardly any of people who fit that bill in this town.

How are the crowds for the SX shows lately? Any horror stories? I saw a thread here where some guy mentions the 'jdubya' incident?

Oh and Im not really a new member. I had to reregister cause I forgot my last password.

Guess no one went...

I did, probably my best concert experience ever. Met, talked and got a pic with Francine from Echoes. Was right in front of Romeo, personally handed me a guitar pic and shook hand from stage. Crowd was real classy, no idiot moshers during SX. Hung out with the band after, mainly Lepond and Panella. Great memories and tons of other stuff, but I'll keep it short.

I went.

Dream Theater on Saturday
Symphony X on Sunday

Pretty badass weekend.

I tried to go to the show in 2002 as well and was very bummed when they had to cancel. Then 2005 they didn't play the Gigantour date here, so I was ready to see them.
Excellent show.

Guess no one went...

I did, probably my best concert experience ever. Met, talked and got a pic with Francine from Echoes. Was right in front of Romeo, personally handed me a guitar pic and shook hand from stage. Crowd was real classy, no idiot moshers during SX. Hung out with the band after, mainly Lepond and Panella. Great memories and tons of other stuff, but I'll keep it short.
It was one of the best shows I've ever seen. Was right in front of Mike LePond the whole show. I also met LePond and Russell Allen afterwards and both him and LePond signed my wife and I ticket stubs. Russell gave my wife a couple of hugs and she was on cloud nine! I might have seen you back there after the show. I was wearing a Sonata Arctica - "Reckoning Night" Tour shirt. I was really surprised how young the crowd was. Quite a few under 21 who were so into them. It was nice to see that. I would expect that in Europe, but how crappy most music in the US is, it was a nice surprise.

I went to the Houston show so for me it was:

Dream Theater: Friday
Symphony X: Saturday

There were some mix issues, particularly on Allen's end :mad:

It was one of the best shows I've ever seen. Was right in front of Mike LePond the whole show. I also met LePond and Russell Allen afterwards and both him and LePond signed my wife and I ticket stubs. Russell gave my wife a couple of hugs and she was on cloud nine! I might have seen you back there after the show. I was wearing a Sonata Arctica - "Reckoning Night" Tour shirt. I was really surprised how young the crowd was. Quite a few under 21 who were so into them. It was nice to see that. I would expect that in Europe, but how crappy most music in the US is, it was a nice surprise.

Sounds a bit familiar. Did you have glasses and did Allen tell your wife 'age before beauty'? If so, I was right next to you most the night! But it was a good show. For a young crowd, they were pretty good. Especially since Im part of the young crowd, but over 21.

Sounds a bit familiar. Did you have glasses and did Allen tell your wife 'age before beauty'? If so, I was right next to you most the night! But it was a good show. For a young crowd, they were pretty good. Especially since Im part of the young crowd, but over 21.
Dude, you were right next to me. Russell Allen told my wife "age before beauty" as I got his autograph. I kinda went before her. Yes, I have glasses. Were you the one I borrowed the Sharpie from? Wow! That's cool. Are you going to Kamelot?

Nah that wasnt me, I was wearing an odyssey shirt and had to borrow a sharpie from someone else as well! Kamelot is still up in the air, what day does that fall on? If its a weekend, itll be a shitty show with all the idiot teens who show up to get high and just be there.