Gamma Ray to tour States Soon??

For a while there, there were a number of bands that were on virtually every tour. Echoes of Eternity, Leaves Eyes, Cellador, Into Eternity and now we have Powerglove. I do wish there would be more variety but some of the aforementioned bands bring in fans and that's that. As for Powerglove goes, like someone else said, I'm willing to bet they're cheap as hell.

For a while there, there were a number of bands that were on virtually every tour. Echoes of Eternity, Leaves Eyes, Cellador, Into Eternity and now we have Powerglove. I do wish there would be more variety but some of the aforementioned bands bring in fans and that's that. As for Powerglove goes, like someone else said, I'm willing to bet they're cheap as hell.
I don't like POWERGLOVE at all. As for the others...I like all of them. Also, I never ragged any of them for being on a ton of tours because I think it's great their management was looking out for them and getting them gigs as much as possible. As I said, I don't care for PG at all, but more power to 'em for getting gigs. If there is a way to get yourself and your music "out there", then go for it.

I love this forum.

People are bitching about bands that don't tour the U.S and bitching even more about bands that tour too much... They are bitching about ticket prices being too cheap and ticket prices being too expensive. Complaining about bands being too "mainstream" and then about bands not getting any recognition.

Gotta Love it :loco:

Agreed. :rolleyes:

most opening bands on your average tour are "cheap as hell"

the headliners make the most money and the rest is trickle down. if you are newer band you make very little to nothing and survive on merch sales, which is why it is hard for bands to continuously tour and the lack of funds leads to frustration and members leaving or bands breaking up.

despite what most people think the road is NOT a fun place to be unless you are already in a big band and travel by bus or you are not allowed to drive your band's van due to various reasons (IE falling asleep at wheel, etc) and you can party all night and pass out for the long drives.

playing shows is usually fun, but the rest of touring the country sucks pretty hard.

How about you try using "a band that works their asses off to promote their music" instead?

If you don't like them, that's your problem. The fact that they tour a lot to promote their music doesn't make them a big running joke.

Dude, way to snap for no reason whatsoever. I don't like Into Eternity, and I don't have to respect them, but I wasn't attempting to disrespect them with what I said anyway. THEY themselves were not a running joke to us, merely the fact that almost every time a notable power metal band did a US tour, Into Eternity was always the support act, and it started to become funny to us, every time anything got announced, we joked that Into Eternity was gonna be the support band. It was funny to us, as well as many others we knew. Also, I just found it amusing that I saw a band I have absolutely no interest in live six times in just over 3 years. Get the sand out of your vagina, please.

Dude, way to snap for no reason whatsoever. I don't like Into Eternity, and I don't have to respect them, but I wasn't attempting to disrespect them with what I said anyway. THEY themselves were not a running joke to us, merely the fact that almost every time a notable power metal band did a US tour, Into Eternity was always the support act, and it started to become funny to us, every time anything got announced, we joked that Into Eternity was gonna be the support band. It was funny to us, as well as many others we knew. Also, I just found it amusing that I saw a band I have absolutely no interest in live six times in just over 3 years. Get the sand out of your vagina, please.

:lol:

Whoa, look who's snapping... :lol:

>>>I love this forum.

People are bitching about bands that don't tour the U.S and bitching even more about bands that tour too much... They are bitching about ticket prices being too cheap and ticket prices being too expensive. Complaining about bands being too "mainstream" and then about bands not getting any recognition.

Gotta Love it :loco:<<<

LMAO!! I'll be near Clearwater for a couple weeks starting next Thursday. Anything "metallish" worth checking out?
Aaron

>>>I love this forum.

Gotta Love it :loco:<<<

LMAO!! I'll be near Clearwater for a couple weeks starting next Thursday. Anything "metallish" worth checking out?
Aaron

You're in luck mate!
Korpiklaani and Tyr on the 19th of January and if you are still here on February 3 we have Devin Townsend / Cynic / Scale the Summit / Between the Buried and Me.

You're in luck mate!
Korpiklaani and Tyr on the 19th of January and if you are still here on February 3 we have Devin Townsend / Cynic / Scale the Summit / Between the Buried and Me.

Cool, actually I'm seeing Korp tomorrow in Chi-town but if we can get a relative to watch our kids might be up for an encore in Tampa. Thakns for the info!! (Won't be around still on the 3rd). I'm considering moving to Florida and the one downside I see is that you don't get as many tours as we get up here in Milw/Chicago!
Aaron

nice south park reference...I got punched in head once for using that reference to someone who took it the wrong way.