GarageBand?

Isn't Garageband a program that has a lot of pre-recorded samples on it? If it is the same program I am thinking of, just save it if you wish to put in some samples, and use something else to record, like ProTools, or ProTracks.

I believe you can still record with it, but it doesn't have the same qualities a program specifically designed for recording. You can download more samples, I know that, but I don't know where, so I couldn't tell ya.

By the way, all the loops and samples are royalty free, so your in the clear legally using that program.

from what i've heard. Garage band is alot simpilar than pro-tools, probably meaning that you can do less with it, i have tried using garage band, but not for recording my own stuff, just pissing around with the loops etc. but i know you can record into it. I need to update my mac, then im definately going to get a copy.

I used to use ProToolsFree on my mac, then I got Logic Express preinstalled on my new G5 for $150. And it kicks ass all over PTF. I have no need to pay for (or spend the time learning) protools.

GarageBand is on there already, but I skipped it pretty much. I did use it on my G4 laptop but not to record, just to mess with the loops and MIDIs. But I bet it would be decent to record on... and it can run some kinds of plugins.