Gates of Winter- Lux Aeterna

I was really impressed with 'Lux'! + I think Lee's vocals are alreday great and will only get better with time I'm sure! I believe he has 'a voice' that will become very familiar within the genre over the years.

Looking forward to what they do on their next album! Cheers guys! :kickass:

Really promising record. To see these guys on ProgPower someday would be really awesome.

The album title reminds me of Aquaria (Luxaeterna lol), which is also pretty cool.

Oh WOW! Listening now...LOVING this!! I love the darker vibe they put off...sometimes reminds me (a tiny bit) of Katatonia in spots...fantastic stuff!! Then the Prog bits come in and its a HUGE payoff!!

Has anyone on MySpace tried to befriend these guys? I did. No luck. Not yet, anyway. A week ago, I sent an e-mail, which they read, asking for Friend approval. No dice. They're either very, very selective about whom they add to their MySpace page, or else I'm simply not Gates of Winter material. :)

That's okay. I bought their CD and am looking forward to listening to it.

Bill

P.S. Deron, is there any band that you don't have a MetalAges Forum set up for? Howard Stern may be the self-proclaimed King of all Media, but you've become the King of all Metal.

Yet again thank you everyone for your comments on our album!! We feel that this was an album that didn't cap off on anything. There is plenty of room for growth and maturity and we hope that our next offering (this time next year) will be able to do so. And PurpleCrayonWriter -- we have been trying to keep all of our sites updated but as you can imagine working full time jobs and such it's hard to stay entirely on top. I will make sure this gets fixed up tonite for you!
And thank you for your purchase of our album! We appreciate the support and would love to hear your comments on the disc!
Thanks again everyone!!!

Steve
bassist/manager

Dunno what's cooler, this band, or the fact that the vocalist from Woods Of Ypres commented on this thread. :D

There's a "Gates of Winter for ProgPower!" thread over on the GoW board, and he the vocalist from WoY said that if they ever play, he'll go and join them for a song. That would be worth it alone.