Lux Aeterna lyrics

stevenfurgiuele

The Godfather
Apr 7, 2007
We get alot of emails and questions regarding our lyrics and ideas behind them. Here is a list directly from our booklet with every song lyric. Feel free to shoot of interpretations or your thoughts on them.

All lyrics written by Maines (HemlockForTheGods) with the exception of 'Winter Flight' and 'From the Flesh' - lyrics co-written by Maines and Furgiuele (fuge_gow)

01 – Life Force Rapture
Climbing forever Towards the end This faceless dream awaits us Take my hand The light is blinding
Divine and endless And it flows from me Unto the corners of the Earth The stars of heaven, have come to guide me My body is dying The stars of heaven, have come to guide me My body is dying I hear their voices, one and all Amidst the black
Behind the wall of uncertainty I fly above their cries To only reach upon the darkened skies To witness fear and wonder But only tears fill these eyes Rapture has covered us like the waters of the ocean Turning in time With the sun and the moon we struggle like fools in Dying memory This is the light that surrounds me This is the light that you will see This is the light that surrounds me And this is the gateway home The stars of heaven, have come to guide me My body is dying The stars of heaven, have come to guide me The stars are crying And now I am free

02 - Burning Kingdom I - A Dark Affliction
Light pierced the sky, with a cry in the night
And its wings were of ashes and flame Ages of misfortune would soon land in the orchard And grace would soon fade from its frame Its eyes were a fury of cosmic beauty Yet worn from their witness in blight Its heart now a chasm this broken phantasm Called to the heavenly light I'm so cold inside (yet this hellfire burns in me) I've crossed this great divide (fallen from grace) Drown me in flames (for all eternity) And ride the crimson tide Its tongue spoke of lies and the fortunes of night It riddled and twisted to shame Yet I felt in my place as its lips touched my face And my blood ran a river of flames Come with me, my child Through the gates of my burning kingdom Take my hand, my power To live without his grace Forever As we descended into the abyss never ending Into the twilight of the nadir of hell A tendril of light did escape from my heart and
I knew then that I too had fell A storm is approaching, its words are encroaching I can feel the change in my mind
And I can see clearer as its evil draws nearer That we've reached the end of our time

03 - Burning Kingdom II – Heavenly Insurgence
And as I fell he showed me everything Before his glory on the throne Of the demon king ”Kneel down! Kneel down before me And I’ll tend to your suffering” Far is the kingdom of heaven from my eyes In the distance a sequence of sevens And as I knelt a chill came over me From the spire of souls Came a brilliance so heavenly ”Rise Up! Rise to the heavens!” Called the seraphim angel On that day I had seen many things The battle for heaven had only just begun ”Forgive me! I search the Earth for absolution” Far is the kingdom of heaven from my eyes In the distance a sequence of sevens And I search for the key To the forgotten realm Souless now the wind my master

05 - The Wildwood Pariah
Pariah: I long for you I long to be you Softest summer skin In the coldest winter chill Child: Meet me in the wild Meet me in the wild Pariah: You came from beyond these woods my child The eyes of the night stare back at you now Child: My blood runs with this lust, to bridal all To sit upon your throne, the weeping world Pariah: The mountains and the hills The valleys, all I feel But to make it all anew
Like the wonder within you Pariah: Meet me in the wild Meet me in the wild Child: I long for you I long to be you The wildwood pariah Keeper of the still

06 - Winter Flight
To the edge and beyond I peer over sky and sea (The winds pass through my palm) This grace I've longed to feel (This touch to calm my soul) Rocky land lay brushed in white (The air it guides the path) This winter flight that we’ve taken (One to be my last) Hand of heaven seize my soul And bring me ‘round again once more To drift away through timeless lands In the end we’ll be again Bound to one and free from sin All senses aside This eternity we ride One more step across the edge One more breath before I break Hand of heaven seize my soul And bring me ‘round again once more To drift away through timeless lands In the end we’ll be again Bound to one and free from sin All senses aside This eternity we ride High above the world I see you Now it is time to free you

08 - From the Flesh
Drowned in a sea of lust Mirage of fate and dreams Deprived of the only thing The key to the balance of hearts You pushed me into the dark To these depths that I’ve fallen One on my own, I’ve prayed, I’ve cried I am the bringer of hate
This king of forgotten freedoms This feeling that plagues my soul No longer tears me away Succumb to the evils inside I’ve run and can no longer hide Here I now stand on my own Never to stay, I push you away Reflections, directions
In which I glare Pulls me from the flesh This pain that burns within Burns with the flames of despair I am now your pain
I am now your innocence I am now your chains I am your indifference Come about to find myself again Buried, gone, deep beneath the ashes Here I stand to close the demon hand They witness what defies their perception

Fallen mind torn at the seems Blissful state of lust and dreams Kick dirt at your grave To never return
This shroud of hate I’ll let you burn

09 - Omega
An empty cage, adorn by fire A world in chains, across the ocean What I'd do to bring her higher On winds of change We’d set the world aflame What is this change that has crossed the land
From war torn glaciers to sickening sands What is this change that has come on the air
To rid us grief? To rid us despair? Words call from her ancient tongue To roam with Siren So wild and young The end draws near For all of our fears The end draws close tonight This is the last time This is the last goodbye Born unto this world