GATES OF WINTER: On Tour Summer / Fall 2008! (Updated!)

I remember September in Windsor,
two thousand and eight,
two days of metal were spent,
rockin' with Gates :headbang::kickass:

Haha N-ice! \w/ ... :p

And sounds awesome Dave. I hope you guys aren't eager to get out of London after the show, since its your last day, as me and my buddy will be hunting you guys down after the show :kickass: Gonna be an awesome show

Dauden - we're definitely staying in London on the night of the show.

Sick. And call me Brodie, I've talked to you enough :p Any idea where you guys are staying, need any help or anything? If you guys got sleeping bags I could pitch you a tent in the back yard, haha

Venue change for the Hamilton gig, now at 'Club Absinth':

Monday Sept 1st - Hamilton, On @ 'Club Absinth'
Hamilton_Sept_1st_2008.gif

Monday September 1st 2008
at 'Club Absinth'
233 King St. East
All ages, $10, Doors @ 8:00 pm

http://www.drdiscrecords.com/

GATES OF WINTER LIVE IN-STORE PERFORMANCE, Dr. Disc in Windsor Ontario
Posted on August 27th, 2008 by admin

659 Ouellette Ave.
(519) 253-9744
Windsor, Ontario

Thursday September 4th at Dr. Disc GATES OF WINTER (progressive/power/doom metal band from Sault Ste. Marie Ontario, featuring David Gold from WOODS OF YPRES on drums). Show starts at 7:00pm

I see on Friday you're playing with Archon Legion! They're a fucking wicked band from my hometown of Victoria so you better be nice to them! Give them metal hailz from Victoria!

Joel

Gates of Winter tore it up in the Hammer last night! After some decent bands from Ottawa, and well.... another band, Gates played a crushing set, including a cover of Your Ontario Town.... definitely a great group of talented musicians!!

Checking in to the Internet for the first time since leaving last Saturday, now Thursday night, day 6/8 on the tour. We're playing the Embassy in London, Ontario tonight, Friday Sept 5th. So far, so good! The shows have been great, we've been playing fast and tight, meeting lots of new people, visiting (and running into) many old friends, encountering many (and I mean many!) personal ghosts of places I've been before...everyone is feeling great, still doing stupid shit for fun and having lots of laughs. + Eating a lot of 'ethnic' food for an Ontario tour (Korean, Vietnamese, Lebanese etc... as well as Wendy's and Tim Horton's of course). Oh, and the the pin from the hitch on our trailer that we had installed at Canadian Tire, broke (!!!) driving on the highway somewhere between Hamilton and Kitchener at about 3 am. I was driving, the whole trailer scraping the ashphalt at 110 kms, sparks flying pretty much fucking everywhere, band yelling (screaming)... Amazingly, GATES lead guitarist Bryan and bassist Steve fixed right there on the highway. We spent about 8 hours at a Canadian Tire in Kitchener the next day before finally leaving for Toronto. At that point, it was three shows and three trips to an auto repairs place...since then, we've been rolling steady and challenge free...Knock on woods. Tonight we played a show at one of my favourite places on earth: Dr. Disc in Windsor (which was awesome!) and afterwards went on air with Andrew Murphy on "Sonic North", CJAM radio 91.5 for a little GATES interview and a listen to the new (now leaked) Metallica album. Good song, though.

Drank two beers while I typed this. See you at the Embassy in London on Friday Sept 5th and in Toronto on Saturday September 6th at the "Glory Through Steel" festival at the Kathedral (our set is scheduled for 7:00 pm (we are 8th of 14 bands that day)...so come out!.

Thanks for reading!

David Gold

"...because you're Unforgiven Twelve-ah!!!!"

Just got home from the London show, it was kickass! Sadly there weren't as many people as I expected, but its London. Got to meet all the guys, super cool, and chat with Dave for a good 10 minutes or so \m/ Steve even got me to take pictures of them while they were playing, haha. Look forward to seeing you guys soon, go out and see them and support Canadian metal!