GATES OF WINTER news: Pre-Summer Edition.

David Gold

Son of the Darkest Blues
Feb 20, 2004
No hometown, Ontario.
www.woodsofypres.ca
http://www.bravewords.com/news/90440

Hot Flashes
GATES OF WINTER - Gearing Up For Live Dates In Ontario And Quebec
Posted on Thursday, May 29, 2008 at 01:45:06 EST

Canada's GATES OF WINTER has issued the following update:

"Hails!

It has been a while since our last newsletter and yes they are getting less and less flashy.. but the meat and potatoes:

1) Dave Gold (WOODS OF YPRES) arrives early July and you can expect some serious jammage and severe drunkenness to ensue. We can't wait to welcome this man into our world and start playing again!!

2) Tour information for the summer. So far dates are looking like August 22nd - September 6th throughout Ontario and Quebec. Something tells me the band we are touring with... are a little well known... to be announced when it is all set in stone!!

3) Official Gates of Winter model! Our very own Gates Girl! Tiff hails from California and has been dynamite throughout the process of getting photographs done up! We have her featured in some wallpapers up on the site in the Media Section as well as featured on our main page.

I know the wait has been long. But we cannot express enough gratitude to the many publications who have featured and reviewed our material.. and to the many who still write us in request to work together. We'll be on the road soon enough - with new material, DG and a whole lot of energy.

Thank all of you for this opportunity. It's only going to get better from here!"

DG - \w/ :devil: :kickass:

hey phantom - september 3rd is supposed to be a Windsor date but nothing is set in stone yet =)

and Black Death you could say that.. or a variation of that.. more details to come. we are excited to bring DG to the fold as our full time drummer!!

Well if it becomes official I know what I will be doing on September 3rd. I can't wait to see Gates of Winter and Woods of Ypres (if that is the secret "little well known" band) play live.

That would pretty well be the greatest show ever, haha. PLEASE come to London (Ontario), I'm sure The Embassy would love to have you :)

"Tour information for the summer. So far dates are looking like August 22nd - September 6th throughout Ontario and Quebec.
Something tells me the band we are touring with... are a little well known..."

Any update on this ?
Only one month before August 22nd :)

The Will To Give? I'd love to see Distractions of Living Alone since the drums are amazing in that song, and obviously having David do drums would be ideal :p I really hope you guys plan on playing with Moonsorrow, that'd be a show for the ages.