Gauging Interest: 5150, GSP1101, Mesa 4x12, PODxt, NS-2, Auralex GAMMA

JeffTD

Senhor Testiculo
Sep 29, 2004
Los Angeles, CA
www.jeffdunne.com
I'm gonna be in the UK for the next 10 days or so, which is why this is only a 'gauging interest' and not a 'for sale' thread. These will all definitely be for sale, I just won't be able to ship them until after I get back, but can put them on hold if anyone would like me to and would be for-sure buying them.

I'll get pics up of everything when I get back, as well.

-Peavey 5150 head. Great condition for how old it is, just one nick in the tolex on the front, and some scratches on the bottom. Metal corners have marks, and the rear plastic pieces that you wrap the power cable around have been replaced with velcro ties, but it's in otherwise good condition. Sounds killer, preamp tubes are JJ, poweramp is Mesa, IIRC. Both have been used at mid to low volumes for about 3-4 hours a week for the past year, but the amp has never been gigged and only used at gigging volumes once or twice. Looking to get $650 + s/h OBO.

-Digitech GSP1101 preamp/fx processor. Literally about 2-3 weeks old. Absolutely killer unit for not much cash. Might have rack rash on the top a bit, but I bought it brand new and it's lived in my rack ever since. Asking $350 shipped CONUS.

-Mesa Oversized (Rectifier) 4x12. Probably a local only deal, as I REALLY don't want to ship it (SoCal guys, I'm in Ventura). Great condition, gigged once. Grillcloth is perfect, the front left corner has about a square inch of missing tolex, though, and the back input plate is a bit bent (nothing affects the sound or performance, by any means). $600 OBO.

-Line6 PODxt w/all 3 model packs. Solid condition, a bit dusty if anything, and maybe some scratches here and there. Biggest drawback is I had to repair the powercable (soldered a new male end on the part that plugs into the POD) a while back so if you jiggle it too much, it'll reset itself. Leave the cable alone and it's fine, though! Also, occasionally but not most of the time, a single vertical stripe of pixels won't light up. No clue why - it seems to be related to the PSU jiggling I mentioned. $150 shipped CONUS?

-BOSS NS-2. Gigged a few times - has some scratches for sure, but it's not infront of me so I hold off on details. I know the corners have scratches, but the pedal works perfectly and BOSS pedals are built like tanks. $65 shipped OBO.

-Auralex Great GRAMMA isolation riser. Used this under the Mesa 4x12 and it tightened up the low end noticeably, especially in a band context. $65 shipped CONUS OBO.

I'll also ship to CAN/HI/AK, but shipping will be a bit more. I'd really like to avoid international shipping if possible, but I might be able to make an exception.

Only selling all this as I don't play live and will be going off to college in 8 months, so I'm picking up an AxeFX and another 7 string.

Any questions: JeffTD -at- Gmail -dot- com

Hmm, I'm intrigued by that Auralex thing (though since you own one, I should think you'd know it's called the Great GRAMMA ;)) - does it provide an advantage over just having the cab on its casters? And what about just putting the cab up on a coffee table or something? (which is what I was planning on doing :D)

Hmm, I'm intrigued by that Auralex thing (though since you own one, I should think you'd know it's called the Great GRAMMA ;)) - does it provide an advantage over just having the cab on its casters? And what about just putting the cab up on a coffee table or something? (which is what I was planning on doing :D)

My amp sits on top of it all the time - I don't look at the name! :lol:

I have the amp on it's casters on the thing. I find it still tightens up the low end a bit vs the typical caster -> floor route. Never compared to a coffee table - I'd imagine it wouldn't help though, as it would still cause the table to resonate, arguably more so than concrete or carpet!

Yeah, good point, the coffee table idea was more to get it away from the floor and thus decrease reflections cuz I prefer to mic the bottom speaker in my cab. Consider me quite interested in the great GRAMMA!