Gavin out of Alestorm??

Travelling to rehearsals in Scotland from Finland would have been quite the bitch, so this isn't exactly shocking news.

Yeah, i kinda understand him, must be hard and all we know how hard Gavin has worked for the band to have success.

He found some opportunity in Finland, as he says in the Blabbermouth excerpt. Dunno if that means a job or what. I would just like to say good luck and I hope everything works out for the better.

~006

Hey guys, cheers for the kind words!

It's not so much to do with my move to finland but some "godlike-complexes" within the band and that makes touring very hard.

I've spent my summer being bankrupt and borrowing money from loved ones to keep alestorm members i the music business while they just take all the glory and leave me to suffer the backlash.

I had to draw a line, and now i am living with my girlfriend, which has where my head has been all summer, i just feel it's time to grow up and stop being everyone's goldmine and start doing things for me.

I'm looking to start a few projects of my own (Got a melodic death album almost finished and got a sleazerock band with lasse i wanna continue) that i don't care if they get signed or even get listened to anyone, but it's time to make music that I ACTUALLY LIKE, for myself and make music fun again cause lately, i couldn't play guitar without just hating it... And that isn't right.

Hey guys, cheers for the kind words!

It's not so much to do with my move to finland but some "godlike-complexes" within the band and that makes touring very hard.

I've spent my summer being bankrupt and borrowing money from loved ones to keep alestorm members i the music business while they just take all the glory and leave me to suffer the backlash.

I had to draw a line, and now i am living with my girlfriend, which has where my head has been all summer, i just feel it's time to grow up and stop being everyone's goldmine and start doing things for me.

I'm looking to start a few projects of my own (Got a melodic death album almost finished and got a sleazerock band with lasse i wanna continue) that i don't care if they get signed or even get listened to anyone, but it's time to make music that I ACTUALLY LIKE, for myself and make music fun again cause lately, i couldn't play guitar without just hating it... And that isn't right.

Do it for yourself--what makes you as a person happy and proud--thats what music is all about. Good luck with your projects

Dude, I can only wish you the best in your future endeavors. Sorry you had to walk away, but sometimes that's the best option. I'm sure you'll blow us all away with whatever it is you come up with next.

Doooooooood you can't break up before you play some shows in Texas! I was looking forward to partying with Scotsmen who play pirate metal.