Gavin out of Alestorm??

Ninja-metal would kick ass, but not as much as pirate metal. I am ready to start a Viking metal band, whataya think Gavin?

Good luck homie, I salute you for drawing the line and not taking any more shit from the band members - it must've been a tough situation, having to leave a band that you helped to pull off the ground, because "others" in it were blatantly mooching off of you and being spotlight hogs (this is my paraphrasing of what you said, sorry if it's inaccurate!), but I think you made the right decision, and good luck!

Good luck homie, I salute you for drawing the line and not taking any more shit from the band members - it must've been a tough situation, having to leave a band that you helped to pull off the ground, because "others" in it were blatantly mooching off of you and being spotlight hogs (this is my paraphrasing of what you said, sorry if it's inaccurate!), but I think you made the right decision, and good luck!

nah, it's not all that bad, band and Gav are still fine as far as I know ;)

Music is a really tough business and only worth it if you really WANT to do what you're doing...
there are times when you just realized that you are about to lose yourself in it.....
I startd this business cause I love music and wanted to spend my life surrounded by it...now I have to realize that I hardly have the time to do my own stuff (musically)....but tht's the way I chose and I'm fine with that.

I think Gavin had been in a situation in which he had to make up his mind if excessive touring etc (as well as playing that particular style of music) was really what he wanted to do...turned out..not. He's got a girl he likes, just moved to another country and wants to start alot of new stuff and...most important...make the music he's fun making and to a degree that he can still keep it "fun".
I think this is not about a fight between him and the rest of the band (at least not more than in any kind of realtionship...and that's what a band is, like a relationship...just with less(sometimes more) sex ;) ).

this is just about a personal decision (Gav's decision!) and not about hard feelings.
it's just been a bit "unperfect" how this was worded and made official before everyone involved (incl the label) finished talking, that's it.

Gav, feel free to say I'm telling bullshit if that's the case ;)

and...
Alestorms furure touring and recordings etc will not be in danger, recording-time is booked in november and there's A LOT (!!) of touring next year

does this mean i can get that dimebucker now? haha :p

I think you made the right move Gav , if your not enjoying something theres absolutly no reason why you should drag yourself through the shit for it!

Fuck pirate metal...I actuly really wana hear this melodic death project :kickass:
-Wyllie

does this mean i can get that dimebucker now? haha :p

Haha, aye alright, just shipping may be a bit more from finland :lol: lemme check how much it is this week! haha!

And depending on work situation and whatnot, inntend on having maybe 4 of the best songs done as an EP before the end of the year!

Depending how much of my gear i can get up here too! haha!