Gear Modifications

Ouroboros

Amateur Audio Engineer
Mar 26, 2008
Toronto
Post any successful stories of performing modifications on preamps, microphones, consoles, etc.

I am wanting to crack open my Tubefire and replace the tubes with some Telefunkens, I also hear that Electro Harmonix manufactures affordable but good quality tubes.

Somewhere on this forum there are mods for the SM57 to make it sound different/better... can't find it in a quick search though.

Somewhere on this forum there are mods for the SM57 to make it sound different/better... can't find it in a quick search though.

It's just removing the transformer, a quick search for "SM57 transformer" either on here or google should turn up results! But personally, I haven't seen the need to bother

all my guitars are customised and modded in someway, i also put in a green LED on the clean channel of my VS80 instead of the red one, lol, still need to try the 57 mod but it works fine as is, i also want to try the sd1 into the ts808 mod but havent gotten round to it

Modded my MXR Blue Box, Proco RAT, Boss MT-2, Behringer SF300 and Boss DS-1, all with excellent results. Also modded my Smokey Amp with a tone knob, a switchable boost and the ability to run on 18v :)