Gene Hoglan is the Best Drummer In The World

Gene is my favorite drummer too, but you sound like an obsessed 10 year old. Their are other great drummers who are up their with Gene, but imo Gene is the best in his style, but their are other drummers out their who are faster at some things and more technical at others.

EternalMetal said:
Gene is my favorite drummer too, but you sound like an obsessed 10 year old. Their are other great drummers who are up their with Gene, but imo Gene is the best in his style, but their are other drummers out their who are faster at some things and more technical at others.

Right, think of Nicholas Barker (Dimmu, Cradle, Old Man's Child). Or Dave Haley (not sure about Dave, but his last name's Haley) from Psycroptic. Or the dude from Quo Vadis. They are all great drummers, and I couldn't tell which one's the best. Of course I would Gene Hoglan is within the best....but, in music, people saying that only ONE guy is the best....it is kinda.... close minded or something. You have to think about many aspects : speed, technic, etc. Since they all got different style, it's hard to judge. You cannot say that a death metal band is better than another one which is a power metal band. It's the same thing here in drums and everything else. You cannot say that Satriani is a better guitar player than Yngwie Malmsteen cause they are not playing the same things. You can prefer one or another, but saying he's better....nah

Just to mentionned I didn't agree with the 10 years old stuff. I just wanted to give my point of view on others. If I said "Right....", the right was only for the "there are other drummers out there..." part.

Hey, dude, you may want to take that back. Death was an amazing band. Entirely different from SYL, but still an amazing band.

Gene is an excellent drummer, but there are others out there too. Proscriptor McGovern (Absu) and Martin Maurais (ex-Kataklysm) come to mind.

Well, the Kataklysm dude, I don't know if I think about the same, but he wasn't "that" good according to. The main thing that comes to my mind about this guy is his blast. With the hand... he is so fast... but with the base drum!!! Unbelievable! His blast, it is about 1 kick per minute....... really to slow on his blast with the base drum. But for the rest, he's okay.

And the thing about Death.... You gotta be kidding. This is one of the first real Death Metal band. I know that nowadays, they woudn't be a "pure death metal band", but they were one of the first, and they really rock!! SYL cannot be compared to Death.. this isn't the same thing at all. Just as I said, comparing apples and oranges.... Of course SYL is so good, but Death was also damn good. It's all a question of "timing". Back in "Death's time", they were the best in what they were doing. Anyway... you all know what I mean.

Gene Hoglan > Nick Barker

And you bitches forgot about Dark MOTHERFUCKING THRASH TERROR RAWWR Angel. How dare you?

anonymousnick2001 said:
Gene Hoglan > Nick Barker

And you bitches forgot about Dark MOTHERFUCKING THRASH TERROR RAWWR Angel. How dare you?

Bitches? :lol:

We haven't forgotten, BITCH! :p

darknessdescends.jpg