Gene Hoglan

I met him after seeing Meshuggah at Slim's earlier this month. I thought to myself, "Wait is that Gene Hoglan... nah can't be." I went closer and holy fuck it was him! I introduced myself, shook his hand, gave him my business card, and then took my picture with him (It'll be emailed to me.) It was so amazing! And so random! :kickass:

I've been wanting that for a while... Deliverance is the closest I guess. Or The Grand Conjuration?

I've been wanting that for a while... Deliverance is the closest I guess. Or The Grand Conjuration?

Yeah, either of those probably, but that whole 'polyrhythm' thing (even though it isn't truly polyrhythmic, but anyway) is starting to get boring, even with Meshuggah - they have written far better riffs before.

Gene Hoglan. Darkness Descends. Symbolic. City. That pretty much sums it up.

Gene is amazing, but I could never see him joining the band full time. I'm so glad that Axe joined, I hope he stays until the end. In fact, I want the current line up to stay until the end.

I was just thinking that Jason Rullo would've been a kickass addition to Opeth. The stuff he does with Symphony X is just spectacular. Of course, that never would've happened but it would've been nice to see.

gonna have to call you, once again, deaf and retarded. have you even listened to any of hoglan's work?

because albums like - time does not heal, individual thought patterns, symbolic, city, demonic, physicist etc etc all prove you wrong. there's a reason why hoglan is one of the most respected drummers in metal.

Oh, that's okay. I think he's better anyway, and yes, I've listened to Gene's playing alot.