New Metal Member
Nov 28, 2003
Just got back from the Opeth show in Vancouver so here is the set list:

In My Time of Need
To Rid the Disease
Soldier of Fortune
Ending Credits
Hope Leaves
The Drapery Falls (featuring Gene Hoglan)
Demon of the Fall (featuring Gene Hoglan)

The first five songs were played with the drum tech. Each ticket holder was given a crisp new five dollar bill upon entering the venue and Mikael did say that there would be a signing but I wasn't able to stay around for it...

I managed to get a copy of the actual set list from the sound board guy, the first five songs are typed but drapery falls and demon of the fall are scribbled underneath and a small Opeth logo is in the lower left corner.

It was an excellent show, dispite the short set. Mikael was apologizing for the lack of Martin between almost every song and hinted that they were going to try to find a drummer to play some metal with. Sure enough Gene Hoglan came out and played the last two songs with Opeth. He is a very solid drummer, but he just doesn't know the material as well as Martin. Regardless, he gave a stellar performance.

Demon of the Fall was by far the high light of the evening for me.

Can anyone tell me if I can still buy tickets at the Graceland box office for tomorrow's show in Seattle?? If I could get tickets at the door I would drive down tomorrow for the show... Thanks.

Hey, I remember seeing you get the setlist a bit after the show. Huh.

I got them to sign the crisp new 5 dollar bill given to me. Why not? I stayed around for the signing and learned that Peter Forsberg is Mike's favourite hockey player and Gene Hoglan can open a twist-off beer bottle with his eyesocket. Oh, and they were drinking Sleeman's. Mmm... Our grand Canadian beer.

For the last Opeth show in Seattle, I was able to purchase tickets online through northwest tickets something or other to that effect, which were held at the will call. I'm assuming, if there are any left, you could do something similar so you know there'll be some there before driving all the way down there. Look up the Showbox online (they have a website) - you can find out about tickets through there.

I wouldn't mind getting $5 and a little time to talk to the band in the venue and get something signed. I've only seen them once on the Damnation tour, and only managed to get my Morningrise booklet signed (I'm a moron) by Lopez and Mendez, who I later recalled DIDN'T FUCKING PLAY IN THE BAND TIL AFTER MORNINGRISE. Once again, yeah, I'm an idiot. That is all.

I'm having a lot of fun reading the setlists so far, and hearing about what has happened at each show. I hope everything goes back to normal by the time they get to D.C. And that's a really cool setlist, despite how short it is.

Has anyone seen anyone filming or recording the shows yet?

@ Cactrot, thanks for the update dude! Ya you should come down to the Graceland and get a ticket, last I heard it isn't sold out. They rarely turn people away there anyways.

That is super cool news! I think giving the fans five bucks and taking the time to meet them due to the shortened set is one of the coolest things I've ever heard! I'm proud to be a fan!!

Woo hoo!!! I've got tickets and I'm on my way down to Seattle!!! Thanks for the info everyone!

KennonKun said:
Has anyone seen anyone filming or recording the shows yet?

During Moonspell in Calgary I was back in the beer gardens and I'm pretty sure I saw a guy with a video camera out in the middle of the crowd ...whether he recorded opeth or not, I do not know.