news about opeth in vancouver

wow, it's actually true, well according to Blabbermouth.

STRAPPING YOUNG LAD Drummer To Play With OPETH In Vancouver - Jan. 23, 2004

STRAPPING YOUNG LAD/DARK ANGEL drummer Gene Hoglan will reportedly be sitting behind the kit for OPETH at the Vancouver stop of their current North American tour Friday night (Jan. 23). Hoglan will be standing in for regular OPETH skinsman Martin Lopez, who is said to be at home in Sweden recovering from a recent bout of panic attacks. Lopez is expected to rejoin his bandmates in time for their gig in Seattle Saturday night (Jan. 24).

Fuck it is true I just checked on Blaabermouth.net just to verify and sure enough according to the site its suppose to become a reality! thats unbelievable if you ask me.

Man somebody has to tape this in some form or another and make it available online or something I would really like to see this!

I've never listened to anything from strapping young lad so if it's possible for someone to tell me about that drummer cuz i'll be at the show tonite :)

Master_Debater said:
What you need to know is that he can fucking pull Lopez's stuff off quite nicely.

I've heard some of their stuff, saw that absolutley cheeseball video, too.

Well that's all I needed to hear. I'm so fired up for tonight it's crazy. Even if they would just sign autographs I'd still go :cool:

SYL is the heaviest fucking band around...it features the metal mastermind Devin Townsend....Gene is a very well respected drummers whos played in Death, Dark Angel, SYL and so on....that will be somethin' to see live, you lucky bastards. I'm just wondering if he'll be playing the heavy shit with them or not, they'll probably wait for Lopez for the new stuff (Blackwater Park, The Moor, etc.)

my excitement was absolutely crushed when i found out about the mellow set they played the other night. hearing the news that martin is gonna be back for seattle has made me the happiest guy on earth :D

If anyone knows who is going to this show tonight could you guys please tell me if I can take my camera to take some pics during the concert and after perhaps? Thanks

If you don't know Gene Hoglan...you should be ashamed. He is one of the biggest (quite literally) icons in the metal scene. He currently drums with Devin Townsend in Strappin gyoung Lad, has a band called Zimmer's Hole...and he did the percussion work on more than one Death album with almighty Chuck Schulding! He is the best, and biggest. Nothing short of amazing! :headbang:

Funeral Portrait said:
my excitement was absolutely crushed when i found out about the mellow set they played the other night. hearing the news that martin is gonna be back for seattle has made me the happiest guy on earth :D

don't get so excited dude, you know it's a pain in the ass to fly from Europe to west-America... so pray that he won't miss any plane and make it right on the time :p