Opeth in Vancouver

PermaFrost

Synthetically Revived
Jan 23, 2004
Vancouver, CANADA
I was as shocked as anyone when I heard about the troubles Opeth has been having on the start of this tour... Although we've been reassured that they'll still be playing, but Moonspell will be doing a slightly extended set...

That is still cool, and personally, I've already got my heart set on seeing them do a really intimate acoustic set... that way, if they do manage to hit some of the heavier stuff, then it'll be a nice surprise, because much like everyone else, I can appreciate Opeth as a band that can tackle heavy and light material with the same skill and passion. I know it won't end up being some weak-ass MTV Unplugged bullshit...

Anyways, check back here later for my full Vancouver report... and if there are any board members here who will be going to this show, keep and eye out for the guy in the black touque and Dimmu shirt (There will be about a couple hundred of us, so stay focussed... :D )

I was going to rent a Portable DAT to record Opeth but since they're playing the short set it's not really worth the cash. I'm not really a big fan of Moonspell or DevilDriver but oh well.

It'll be nice to see Damnation stuff though since I missed the Seattle show in August because I was moving into an apartment. The April show kicked ass though.

oh and i'll be wearing a Death- Symbolic shirt if anyone cares.