So, what's the word on the Vancouver show tomorrow?

Cactrot

New Metal Member
Nov 28, 2003
Does anyone have any information about the show in Vancouver?? Will Martin be there?? Will it be a full set??

jinks said:
I'm going to assume we get the same deal as alberta..

Cant wait though.. either way gonna be a killer show.

Yea im also assuming that were getting the same deal as alberta...anything different will just be a bonus...can't wait.

Given the circumstances I don't have huge hopes, just seeing them play will be nice, but it would be really awesome to see something other than from Damnation. I will be there no matter what, however, I look forward to seeing everybody at the show!

This is from the Bloodred Message Board (where Vancouver metalheads post).

The guy speaking here works at Scrape Records (who were selling tickets for the show)...

"Just got word from the promoter (House of Blues Canada) that the show is ON! OPETH will play a slightly shorter set, and MOONSPELL will play an extended set (apparently they kicked ass in Edmonton on Tuesday night.) So spread the word, and stop the rumours!"

The source is this thread here:
http://pub182.ezboard.com/fbloodredmetalheads.showMessage?topicID=8115.topic

I'm gonna keep hoping that miraclously Lopez makes a triumphant return to the kit while simultaneously hoping that Gene Hoglan steps up if Lopez doesn't make it!

Damn guys, I really hate to bitch and complain, but I hope we get a DECENT set for the Denver show, and since that's in a few weeks, even less, it's very unlikely. Kinda sucks, because the only other Opeth show that I went to was the Damnation, and this is just going to be the same thing, without Martin, and without TBYFW, Benighted, and Face of Melinda. For the past two months I have been dreaming of them playing The Moor right in front of my face, but it looks like that's not happening. Either way, I hope Martin gets better, and I hope they return for another US tour soon.

i know exactly what you mean man. seeing the moor live would be the fuckin greatest thing ever...

too bad im seeing them in 2 days and they arent gonna play it

yeah i'v been dreaming them open with The Moor and continue with April Etheral.. :cry:

but heh there's nothing they can do.. they're just unluckly.
and now i feel lucky to hear some songs from damnation at least.. (hopefully)