More news about the Opeth/PT tour

Sep 1, 2001
Chicago
Visit site
dont think this has been posted yet.....
here is some info from blabbermouth:

OPETH Recruit SPIRITUAL BEGGARS Keyboardist For Upcoming Tour - June 6, 2003
OPETH have recruited SPIRITUAL BEGGARS Hammond organ/keyboard "legend" Per Wiberg to handle the keyboard duties during their upcoming U.S. tour with PORCUPINE TREE.

The gigs, which will not feature any of the heavier material that OPETH is most famous for, will focus primarily on the band's "more mellow" opuses, including a version of the "Morningrise" classic "To Bid You Farewell", which has never been performed live before. The band are also rehearsing more of the older "ballad-like" tracks in order to please old and new fans alike.

OPETH appeared on Swedish major TV channel TV4 on May 28 playing two tracks live on a morning TV show. The two songs performed were "In My Time Of Need" and "To Rid The Disease".

The band, who have been touring North America extensively to promote their 2002 album "Deliverance", are planning a Scandinavian tour in the fall (October/November). More details will be made available soon.

Do you know how awesome this is??!?! TO BID YOU FAREWELL!!! i cant wait for this show! :hotjump:

You mean no fucking european ones :erk:

They're both Europeans and the americans go away with it :ill:

I can't wait untill this formula will be performed in Belgium (also looking forward to their Graspop-performance in june. Last time I saw them on a festival was at Eurorock 2001 in Neerpelt). o_O

The scandinavian tour is for Deliverance, Right??

Cows on million man march said:
im disappointed that there are no Texan dates.
me too damnit ..to bid you farewell is one of my favorites..i hope someone can record it being played and posst it but i know thats hard.

Midwinter_melancholY said:
You mean no fucking european ones :erk:

They're both Europeans and the americans go away with it :ill:

I can't wait untill this formula will be performed in Belgium (also looking forward to their Graspop-performance in june. Last time I saw them on a festival was at Eurorock 2001 in Neerpelt). o_O

So they can make a lil' trip to Paris just after ;O