arizona quick but very nice set

I heard they were having technical difficulties last night... hopefully tonight is free from that..

For starters the tickets said 6:00 and Behemoth went on at a little after 4:30 which is totally fucked to putt that on the ticket if people dont think it starts until 6:00. Thank god I checked before and got there on time. The first three bands were plagued with technical difficulties and a horrible mix. Most of the Problems seemd to be with the guitar line and Lacuna Coil only got the play three songs as did all the bands until SJR and Nile almost didn't get to play at all because of all the problems.

Once Opeth hit the stage they finally had the sounds Worked out and due to time restraints they played 3 songs and they sounded really good. They started out with Deliverance and then Demon of the fall and closed with The Drapery Falls and made a mention of comning back thru for Damnation, Which form what I am hearing will be with Porcupine Tree and I am totally stoked if that does happen!

I was originally just going to go see Opeth and Lacuna Coil in Vegas tonight which would have been killer to see them both play longer sets but I couldnt due to finacial restrictions. Hopefully we will get a review of that show.

SJR played but to be honest I think there boring and would rather had seen Down then them or just have Opeth do a full set.I would say when Phil told the people up front to get on the stage and it was all the sudden so packed the guys in the band couldn't play anymore and Phil had to tell everyone to get off the stage or they were gonna pull the plug was the highlight of their set,LOL.

Danzig was pretty decent and put on a good show but didn't totally blow me away at least after seeing him a few years again do a full Samhain set then do a Danzig set.It was a pretty fun evening other than the obvious things I mentioned but at least I can hope that Opeth will come thru for Damnation tour so i can see them again.

I think under normal situation that opeth was only due to play around 3 songs as according to the before show schedule they only had 30 minutes so you couldn't expect much. Yeah, even the radio station said 6 so it was lucky I was checking online and knew to be there early.

side note, they did deliverance,then drapery falls, then demon of the fall. :)