German Death/Trash, trouble with drums

MetalMiller

¯\(°_o)/¯
Jul 12, 2008
Hesse Germany
www.youtube.com
Currently i`m recording drumtracks for a band called Deformed. It sounds pretty good so far. But what do you think about the the OH and HH, i`m not really happy with this. Kick and snare are completely replaced at this moment.
The setup was: Sm58 on Snare, mxl990 on HH, beyerdynamic tgx58 Ride, cheap behringer condensers on OH and also cheap german microphone set on kick and tom`s.
The plug-in chain was: Waves ssl EQ -> URS comp, for Tom`s. Waves ssl EQ -> Waves API 2500 comp for OH, HH.
All was send to a group with ssl 4000 comp and L1 limiter. Parallel compression with URS comp. What do you think about this sound? The guitar`s on this track are only for orientation for the drummer. Track`s were recorded trough a sansamp psa-1, were sloopy played and have much noise and clipping inside. So please don`t care about. But what can i make better or different on the OH, HH Track`s. Was it a good idea to compress them a bit or is it a shame. Are there any frequency (without lowpass) that must always be removed?
What`s your Plug-in chain on those Track`s, or does it sound ok.
Ohh, and this song is mastered, because i wanted to prevent the usual "much to quiet" verdicts from the band.

http://soundclick.com/share?songid=7258957