Get Ready to Rock - 5 Q's with Steve Williams

Symphony

PQ member
Jan 8, 2002
Southampton, UK
www.power-quest.co.uk
1) What are you doing musically at the moment?

We have just delivered the new Power Quest album to Napalm records. Its called Blood Alliance and I really can't wait to see the reaction!

2) What were your main achievement(s) in 2010?

I think completing the process of rebuilding PQ, which began in mid 2009, with the additions of Chity Somapala and Gav Owen was very important. Joining Andy, Paul, rich and myself in what I now feel is the perfect line up both musically and personally.
Also completing the new album is right up there as well considering the circumstances

3) Any disappointments?

Actually no! I'm in an ultra positive frame of mind now thanks to the rest of the band and the way the new album has turned out

4) What were your own favourite albums, films and/or books of 2010 and why?

I haven't been to the cinema for a long time and have not seen any new films this year. I did watch one of favourites the other day though.
The Guns of Navarone!

Not bought many albums either but I did enjoy the new ones from Iron Maiden and Blind Guardian. To be honest I've been listening to a lot of older things like Toto and Journey this year alongside Dream Theater and other prog metal.

5) What are you planning for 2011 and beyond?

Firstly the release of the new album in Japan in January and the rest of the world in March/April. Appearances at Bloodstock and Hard Rock Hell ibiza along with other shows to be announced.
Its also the 10th anniversary for PQ and I'm planning a special show for the end of the year!

http://www.hotdigits.co.uk/cgi-bin/diary11/journal?user=jason