get reverb in mix.

Mendel

Lag Arkane
Jun 11, 2005
The Netherlands
www.mendelb.com
hey guys i would have a question:

when im mixing a song etc i put some reverb on the snair, and the snair sounds good with the reverb. now when the guitars get over them, the bass etc you don't hear any of the reverb anymore, only the snair itself.

so what should i do if i want to get the reverb good sounding when the guitars are over it, bass etc.

cause now when i mix something you can only hear the reverb when there is kinda like a drumfill or drumbreak you can hear the reverb and the "distance" of the snair clearly. but when the metal guitars and etc coms in. no sign of reverb anymore.

any of you guys can help me out ? thx.

Don't apply the reverb to the snare with it soloed. Adjust the reverb send for the snare with everything else going on. When it's soloed it will sound like there's too much reverb on it, but once it's in place with everything else it will be fine.

Also, I really like using plate reverbs on snares. It gives the drums some "space", but it gets out of the way quickly and doesn't muddy things up too much. Of course, you'll hear people that hate plates too, so it's just one opinion...

Matt Crooks said:
Don't apply the reverb to the snare with it soloed. Adjust the reverb send for the snare with everything else going on. When it's soloed it will sound like there's too much reverb on it, but once it's in place with everything else it will be fine.

Also, I really like using plate reverbs on snares. It gives the drums some "space", but it gets out of the way quickly and doesn't muddy things up too much. Of course, you'll hear people that hate plates too, so it's just one opinion...

Agree with part 1, part 2 is a matter on conjecture.

Also, you can hear the 'verb when it's low, it just sounds different being mixed in lower with the rest.