...in this haze of green and gold, things shall proceed as forseen! says:
Which Death In June albums are worth bothering with
Or... give me a run down of their discography

m00se says:
ok
m00se says:
I'll start from the beginning
m00se says:
The Guilty Have No Pride is their first, and it's just after Douglas P. and Tony Wakeford got out of their punk band crisis. It's perhaps their most raw album, but it's also their most "rock" oriented.
m00se says:
then they had their mini-album burial, which I have no idea about
m00se says:
then there was NADA!, which during Tony Wakeford left (to eventually do Sol Invictus) and that one had the faint beginnings of their coming acoustic sound, although it as more of a darkwave/electro album
m00se says:
The World That Summer is also in the NADA! vein
m00se says:
Brown Book is probably one of the first "neofolk" albums, where they started an almost entirely acoustic oriented approach, but there are some traces of their last few albums, in some programmed drum sounds and stuff.
m00se says:
The Wall Of Sacrifice is really off the wall, because it's pretty much half an industrial/ambient album and half acoustic/neofolk. Boyd Rice (NON), David Tibet (Current 93), and John Balance (Coil) are all collaborators for it
m00se says:
But, What Ends When The Symbols Shatter is probably their most refined approach to the neofolk genre, and their most polished album. Some of the their best songs are on it as well. One of my personal favorites
m00se says:
Rose Clouds Of Holocaust is also in the B,WEWTSS? vein, but seems to have a bit of a different feel. Still the same polished neofolk approach though

m00se says:
there was this collaborative album "Kapo!" which Douglas P. did with Richard Leviathan (Strength Through Joy/Ostara) but I'm not sure if that counts as a real Death In June album. It's a little different from DIJ and Ostara material. I can't really think of a detailed description about it for now, but I can say that it's passable
doesn't matter... I have it not
m00se says:
Then there is the "Take Care And Control" album (1999) which basically said fuck you to all the neofolk and started doing some industrial/ambient stuff

m00se says:
song oriented industrial ambient stuff mind you
m00se says:
it's actually quite ok
wait
m00se says:
might not be your thing though

m00se says:
Albin Julius of Der Blutharsch and The Moon Lay Hidden Beneath A Cloud were involved as pretty much a full member of the band for those last two

m00se says:
and Der Blutharsch (at least around that time) was largely involved in the ambient/industrial style
m00se says:
TIDBIT OF INFORMATION
m00se says:
ANYWAY

m00se says:
Albin Julius is the guy behind those two bands

m00se says:
"All Pigs Must Die" sees a return to the folk style for one side of the album and the other side is (this time I am serious about it, and it's almost unlistenable to even me) HARSH INDUSTRIAL
m00se says:
harsh industrial based on manipulations of the folksongs on the other side
m00se says:
but thankfully they're separate sides, so you can just listen to the first half and be done with it

m00se says:
then there is the Boyd Rice & Death In June collaborative album "Alarm Agents"
m00se says:
which is almost like a sequel to Boyd Rice & Friends - Wolf Pact, but it's actually titled as a Boyd/DIJ album
m00se says:
so it's acoustic in parts, non-harsh industrial/sound manipulation in other parts. it's quite listenable and I like it

m00se says:
I have two more that I can comment on
m00se says:
Heilige! is a live album
m00se says:
Take Care And Control tour
and the other?
m00se says:
so it's half that material, half everything else
m00se says:
and
m00se says:
Abandon Tracks!
m00se says:
which is a compilation of rare and unreleased tracks.
m00se says:
It's ok, but the sort of material ranges from the entire career

oh well, we can use less explicit pictures then:

friends-19.jpg