Getting to the pre-party

Leopard

Aug 4, 2002
New Jersey
www.leopardslair.net
My flight is scheduled to come in at 9:41 PM on Thursday. I wish I could come earlier, but my boss won't let me take Thursday off, not even half a day. I'm staying at the Residence Inn. Would it be unsafe to walk from the hotel to the venue? I'll be alone. If I were to drive, is there any place I could park? I can't parallel park; I could only park on the street if there was a big empty space next to the area where I was going to park.

Leopard said:
My flight is scheduled to come in at 9:41 PM on Thursday. I wish I could come earlier, but my boss won't let me take Thursday off, not even half a day. I'm staying at the Residence Inn. Would it be unsafe to walk from the hotel to the venue? I'll be alone. If I were to drive, is there any place I could park? I can't parallel park; I could only park on the street if there was a big empty space next to the area where I was going to park.

The Residence Inn, Midtown, is just a block away (kinda anyways). Piece of cake walk....and fairly safe from what I saw last year.

I stay at the Super 8, which is further away and didn't feel unsafe. Of course, that doesn't mean it's safe or unsafe. Impossible for someone to know for sure, having made the trip at night only three times.

Perhaps Glenn knows whether or not there have been any incidents in the past four years?

Anyway, Residence is as close as it gets, and at the pre-party there are always Progpower attendees standing around outside. I'd think it would be very safe for someone staying at Residence.

Just about everyone walks to and from thir hotels. There should be a big presence at the Residence (I know I'll be there, and I'll be walking). So long as you leave at roughly the same time should have no problem. There will be masses of metalheads, and really, what more protection do you need? :>

Steve in Philly

Pretty much what Tess said. It's an easy walk, but you are getting a later start. Ask around a bit, and if you can't find anyone to walk with you, or you don't feel comfortable walking alone, call a cab :)

Leopard said:

From Jersey and can't parallel park, eh?

Maybe I grew up rougher than some of y'all, but I wouldn't feel unsafe walking a block or two in that part of town at 10 pm. *shrug*

Beth, I'll PM you my cell number so if ya don't feel comfortable walking, you can call me. If I hear it, I'll come meet ya. :D

Shaye

Bad Girl Tess said:
Sorry, didn't realize we were in ENGLISH class. Everyone knew what I meant anyway. Don't be angry with me just because your baseball team SUCKS! :loco:

I actually had no friggen clue what you were talking about :tickled:

As for my baseball team, they might suck but at least they don't blow :loco: and all I care is if my teams beat the hell out of your teams , we can loose the rest of the games and I would be a happy camper :wave::loco:

Bear :headbang:

Bear said:
I actually had no friggen clue what you were talking about :tickled:

As for my baseball team, they might suck but at least they don't blow :loco: and all I care is if my teams beat the hell out of your teams , we can loose the rest of the games and I would be a happy camper :wave::loco:

Bear :headbang:

Ya, well I wouldn't expect YOU to be able to figure it out.

Um, I would hardly call what you did beating the hell out of us. I only speak of baseball! :cool:

Yeah.... It's safe.... Takes all of about 5 minutes to walk from the Residence Inn to the venue.... Even at 2 or 3 in the morning its pretty quiet in that area (My experience at least) except for the stray metalhead party or two.... You should be fine....

I stayed at the Residence Inn for PPIV and walked back and forth at all times. Felt safe enought to me, but my neighborhood in Jersey is only a half a step away from the 'hood. Everything seems safe after that. Hey, and people from Jersey can parallel park! I can...sort of. Just tend to leave the front end sticking out a bit. No big deal. Makes for quicker get-aways.

Dr_Metal said:
Yeah.... It's safe.... Takes all of about 5 minutes to walk from the Residence Inn to the venue.... Even at 2 or 3 in the morning its pretty quiet in that area (My experience at least) except for the stray metalhead party or two.... You should be fine....

--Unless you count that drowned rat on the sidewalk, leftover from last year's ProgPower.... :loco:

(That was kinda weird.)