Ghost Love Floor

That's my favorite Nightwish song... I'm crushed that I never got to see it performed live on this run by Floor. I hope they come back and do the states again one more time before they go back into writing mode and choose a new permanent singer.

Hate to burst your bubble dude, but I'm 99.9% sure that I read on their site that this US tour was the only one for this album cycle.

Hate to burst your bubble dude, but I'm 99.9% sure that I read on their site that this US tour was the only one for this album cycle.

Not on their website, and i very, very much doubt that this was the only US tour for this album. Just my guess and opinion. Here is the direct message to North America from their website:

Hi everyone!

We've settled down here in Florida for a while to have our vacation. This is what we wanted to tell you after North American tour:
Thank you! Good times, intense shows and lots of laughter and love. They'll keep us going for a long time, and there's even more to come. Let's recharge and bring our particular heaven and hell to UK soon!

Cheerio!

Absolutely stunning! Nightwish needs to announce this as a permanent singer. Floor is fucking amazing in this spot!

I will chime in with many others on the forum in saying that Floor should be the next singer of Nightwish. I've had absolutely no interest in the band until she joined the tour, and I don't know how many of the videos I've watched with her singing. The next album will be my first Nightwish purchase if Floor is on it!

there must have been something that made them go with Annette before. If they return to that squeaky sound, then I simply have plenty of other things to listen to.

$$$$$$

As much as we can all say that Nightwish was better with Tarja, and I will always say that, they got more popular with Annette because Annette is more of a mainstream singer. IMHO that's why they went with Annette. However, I think they see now who they really are and they can't get a singer who is sub par.

I love this song, and Floor does an amazing job on it. I really hope she's chosen for the job, though I'm sure there are other contenders. Binders full of them, most likely.

citizen-kane-clapping-gif.gif

I love this song, and Floor does an amazing job on it. I really hope she's chosen for the job, though I'm sure there are other contenders. Binders full of them, most likely.

:lol::lol::lol::lol: Awesome.
"I've seen Nightwish with both Tarja and Anette. Anette has been heavily criticized, but I felt she did a good job, and had a good stage persona... but her voice has a certain little-girl sing-songyness to it which I am not a huge fan of. Tarja is a stronger vocalist in a technical sense, but to me, she has a certain "coldness" in both her voice and her stage persona.

I agree with you here. I've seen some good and some clearly not good shows with Anette, but she really did have some strong performances, particularly in Atlanta. Yet, that sing-song, little girl sound she would utilize a lot got on my nerves. Yes, Tarja had a beautiful voice, but there was a cold, formal feeling to her singing, sometimes, that didn't always work.

LOVING all these videos of Floor singing with NW. Just found out they will be performing at my favorite Finnish festival this summer. I am putting money aside NOW in hopes that I can go and Floor will still be performing with them. I do believe she said she would be doing the summer festivals, right?

I completely missed the reference here, but I suppose it's been big "news", since merely doing a web search for "binder" brought up a bunch of stories, heh.

I agree with you here. I've seen some good and some clearly not good shows with Anette, but she really did have some strong performances, particularly in Atlanta. Yet, that sing-song, little girl sound she would utilize a lot got on my nerves. Yes, Tarja had a beautiful voice, but there was a cold, formal feeling to her singing, sometimes, that didn't always work.

I must admit though that while that "cold" aspect remains a part of her voice, I've seen some more recent online videos of her performing with her solo band, and she did seem a lot more animated on stage than when she was with Nightwish...

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6T-Wyw9lYyM&feature=relmfu[/ame]

LOVING all these videos of Floor singing with NW. Just found out they will be performing at my favorite Finnish festival this summer. I am putting money aside NOW in hopes that I can go and Floor will still be performing with them. I do believe she said she would be doing the summer festivals, right?

She did mention that she would still be onboard for the summer festivals... which sorta makes one think that becoming a permanent member may be a real possibility, if she's going to be doing multiple tours with them over that long a period of time (and apparently still has enough time in there to work on Revamp material).

I must admit though that while that "cold" aspect remains a part of her voice, I've seen some more recent online videos of her performing with her solo band, and she did seem a lot more animated on stage than when she was with Nightwish...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6T-Wyw9lYyM&feature=relmfu

She's probably more comfortable as a solo artist than she was with NW, if I had to hazard a guess. Love the live footage. Hope I get to see her live some time!

Indeed, the Tuska festival organization has confirmed the show will be with Floor, so Ann Marie you better start saving those pennies immediadely! :)

The lineup this year for Tuska might just end up being the best one ever since only 8 bands have been confirmed and in addition to NW with Floor they already include names such as King Diamond (!!), Leprous (!), Ihsahn, Testament and Bolt Thrower. So everyone else who have been promising for years to visit us over here should do it next summer, finally :heh:

Indeed, the Tuska festival organization has confirmed the show will be with Floor, so Ann Marie you better start saving those pennies immediadely! :)

The lineup this year for Tuska might just end up being the best one ever since only 8 bands have been confirmed and in addition to NW with Floor they already include names such as King Diamond (!!), Leprous (!), Ihsahn, Testament and Bolt Thrower. So everyone else who have been promising for years to visit us over here should do it next summer, finally :heh:

I guess this just might be the year we make the trip. I know we have said we would be there a couple of times before, but I believe this will be the year, give me the dates Aki i need to start booking flights and hotels.

For those of you that haven't seen it here is the entire Oct 14 House of Blues in Orlando concert:

Last edited by a moderator:
John, Tuska Festival dates are June Fri 28. - Sun 30. 2013.

For more information please follow Tuska Festival's website in English

Edit: The on-going pre-sale offer will save a few (maybe ~$15-20) bucks per a 3-day ticket:
A limited pre-sale edition of 3-day Tuska tickets are now available through www.tiketti.fi and www.lippupalvelu.fi/www.ticketmaster.fi for a special price 110 euros (+ handling & shipping). Launch date, categories and prices for regular tickets will be announced later.

John, Tuska Festival dates are June Fri 28. - Sun 30. 2013.

For more information please follow Tuska Festival's website in English

Edit: The on-going pre-sale offer will save a few (maybe ~$15-20) bucks per a 3-day ticket:
A limited pre-sale edition of 3-day Tuska tickets are now available through www.tiketti.fi and www.lippupalvelu.fi/www.ticketmaster.fi for a special price 110 euros (+ handling & shipping). Launch date, categories and prices for regular tickets will be announced later.

Thanks, I guess i better get tickets ASAP, now what is a good hotel, near the festival site. Never mind got one, went ahead and booked it, want to make sure we have a hotel. Holiday Inn Helsinki City Centre

Thanks, I guess i better get tickets ASAP, now what is a good hotel, near the festival site.

Great news John if you make it! :)

The actual festival tickets will most likely not sell out (at least the last two years they haven't since they moved to the new festival location), so no big hurries there.

Basically any hotel downtown Helsinki will do, the connection from the main station with the subway is like 5 mins and a couple of minutes of walking. There really aren't any hotel right next to the festival site anyway.. and downtown is much better option since you wanna do touristy stuff around in downtown anyway. If you do need some sort of suggestions shoot me a PM with the price class you're looking for and I'll be happy to list a few hotels which would be fine options :)