Lash my hands unto the helm
blood surging with the strain
I will not fail now as sunrise comes
the darkness left behind
For eternity I follow on
there is no other way
Mysteries of time clouds that hide the sun
But I know, I know

Ok, I was listening to this song and realised a few things...... lets list them, shall I? Yes I shall.

* West is where he goes. Go west. Life is peaceful there.
* They are sailors on a boat. It may not be the navy, but its close.
* Chasing rainbows all my days. CHASING RAINBOWS.

Hmmmmmm now I know I have too much time on my hands, but I surely cant have been the only person to have realised any of this.

Forgot to add, great song it is! One of the best on the cd, especially the intro! :headbang:

The main riff also sounds a bit like I Dont Know by Ozzy now I think about it too. Still rocks though.

Like most songs on BNW, I never liked this one much.
Now it's one of my favourites, and along with The Wicker Man it would be one of the only songs I'd bother keeping from BNW in the live set for the next tour.

Really? I liked that, The Wickerman and The Fallen Angel from the first listen, it took me a while to like Dream Of Mirrors, but I think its great now, the only reason they shouldnt play that live next tour is because its too long!

Spawny what the dickens are you talking about? Hahaha!

You need some more hobbies dude, take up pretending to be a rock star and prancing around the house singing along to Motley Crue like I do.

Originally posted by Tough As Steel
I for one still dont like Ghost Of The Navigator much, nearly 2 years after BNW was released. I don't dislike it, i just don't LIKE it.

Hmmm I thought everyone loved the first 2 songs, I am quite shocked to learn the opposite! :D Oh well, theres something for everyone on BNW anyway :)

Originally posted by The Trooper
Spawny what the dickens are you talking about? Hahaha!

You need some more hobbies dude, take up pretending to be a rock star and prancing around the house singing along to Motley Crue like I do.

:lol:

I'd like to see The Fallen Angel live. That song rocks. What's with the lyrics for Dream of Mirrors? Pretty average. "I only dream in black and white. I only dream cos I'm alive".....etc. What the feck?!!!

Originally posted by Winmar
I'd like to see The Fallen Angel live. That song rocks.

I agree!! They only played it a few times on tour :cry: Excellent song!

spawn...well i have now decided to give Ghost Of The Navigator a few more listens lately, (on RIR) and it is starting to grow on me.

I have always loved the intro, and the second-half of the song, it was the verse/chorus that i wasnt so keen on. BUT, im starting to get into the vibe of the whole song now, start to finish.

Thats the cool thing about Maiden, you can find something in their songs years after you first hear it and go..."hey! i like that"