The Ghost Inside Cover

selke61

Music Producing Ginger
Jan 25, 2011
A cover I felt like doing. Vocals will be added someday soon. Looking for a vocalist who's anywhere near as good as Jonathan Vigil. Yes, drums are programmed, and I do what I can to humanize them. They aren't that bad. And the snare will most likely sound weird to some, but I actually like it. I tried to go for the papery cracky snare they had on this mix.

So let me know how I did!

A sidenote: The quality isn't exactly a hundred bucks on Soundcloud. It kind of smushed it. But nonetheless, it sounds close to my original file.

Last edited by a moderator:
are there meant to be cymbals from 33-50 seconds? it just sounds like hiss to me from the right!?

i'm really not a fan of the snare either... maybe it would sound better in the mix with abit of humanising. Just sounds like every hit is at the same velocity, especially in the verse section.

i reckon you've nailed the guitar tone though. good old pod farm eh.. haha

Yeah, they hit the cymbal really fast there :\ i wasn't all too worried about this mix though. Only a cover. Just some simple fun.

The snare has different velocities. But I dont know. I really like it haha. Something different. If you listen to the original mix, its almost the same. Most of us are use to that Snare12A or Joey just making snares super fat, so I went for something different.