Gibson Guitar endorsement

Firefest9

Hypocrisy rules!!!!!
Jan 18, 2002
Las Cruces, NM
Visit site
When did in flames get the Gibson endorsement? I saw them in chicago in july and low and behold, Bjorn was playing a black Les Paul Custom. Im so glad they are playing Gibsons now. I play gibsons and will never go to anything else.

A Few months ago tehy switched
I think ESP's are the best guitars out there.
I don't think Gibson's are anythign special, they sound OK, but are jus average...

Gibsons have a unique sound to them but hardly the best guitar out there. I have a Gibson Explorer and its pretty cool. I would have made it differently but oh well. I'm not fond at all of ESP's low end guitars, never played a Handmade.

I believe Peter still plays with an ESP bass guitar.

Someone I know has a nice blue F-205 bass, and he can't play at all... I played it for a bit and it's a fucking sweet guitar... I want one of those, but I can't afford it.. probably going for a B-50 or F-50
I almost won a custom Viper on eBay, but my $200 bid was bidsniped in the last few secondss up to over $1000...

Fuck, And a minute before it ended I thought was going to get it for $50...

Steve420 said:
A Few months ago tehy switched
I think ESP's are the best guitars out there.
I don't think Gibson's are anythign special, they sound OK, but are jus average...

dude i agree with you...
especially bjorn's black esp...
i love very very much that

1. This is about In Flames, therefore on topic
2. It's called Musician's Discussion and this is about In Flames' guitars, not ours
3. There's nothing in the UM ToS about this
4. You spelled "blatant" wrong
5. YOU KILLED THE PORK CHOPS!!!!!!!!

A F-205 was the last bass I bought before I switched to guitar! See thru black cherry finish. that thing was fuckin sweet

Its also the kind Steve DiGiorgio plays.

I love the ones Steve plays... I actually looked at it and liked teh look better than the F sries, and they're also good sounding..
If I can get a good deal on it, I'm looking at getting a BC Rich Warlock although I still like ESP's...
not as much selection on bass...

I strongly agree with the main thing everyone says... Gibsons are overrated. I've played one and I see nothing special with it. :( I miss Bjorn's ESP custom eclipse bcuz it was on every one of their videos up until Trigger (Only For The Weak, Pinball Map, Ordinary Story, Cloud Connected, Embody The Invisible). Jesper's changed a little, too. It looks like they lost the ESP endorsement, because on Trigger he plays a Gibson Voodoo Flying V instead of the ESP EX-series or Flying V's. Oh well, personal preference I guess...

Well....
Jesper played a Gibson Explorer in his early days! Go for the Nuclear Blast Live & Plugged (Live in Köln) video of In Flames there you can se it (and Björn on Drums).
They were endoresed by ESP from Colony to R2R.
AFAIK they weren't endoresed by ESP anymore later (before "Trigger"). Now they are endoresed by Gibson.
Peter still plays his ESP bass.
My Opinion on ESP: Never played one but I used to like them a lot earlier (maybe because James Hetfield played them :D ). Now I think that they are just copying famous Gibson and Jackson shapes and add EMGs. :erk: