[gig] 14.-15.07.2006 Bloodstock Open Air, Derbyshire (UK)

Feel_The_Force said:
:cry: So do i lol But i think i can get people.

I wonder who the headliners will be...

You are aware that half of Battleheart are going, needless to say that Nick Brookes and I are also going. We are all meeting the fuck up somewhere.:kickass:

lol, who the fuck came up with the pure genius idea of letting petri on stage with turisas?, i know there was someone else there too (thought i saw markus, but prolly didnt to be fair, i was rather ratted and could see over the croud, -.-)

that was legendary thoguh to be fair, be me laugh my ass off for quite a while....even if i do believe the beating of each other bit was enjoyed a bit too much, XD.

but yes, ANYWAY.
one more and battle metal in a row with Rebellis thrown in somewhere, :worship:.:kickass:
i think Lisko was pretty badly missed though. at least, that was the general idea in my camp and the ones around us.

did anyone else manage to make it to the festival for this performance?
if so, did you see the guy in the metal chain link shirt and plastiv sword? he was the best festival viking ever, XD.
wouldnt stop shouting warlord and thwatting people with his plastic sword,lol.

-e

Turisas!!! you ROCKED at Bloodstock!!!

holy s**t... you are the best band ever!
such a great show, with the sauna part and the violin solo's etc...

the volumes of certain things for ALL of the other bands was a bit off...like the vocals being to quiet etc...but you got it PERFECT!

and one thing i'm sure you noticed, you rocked SO MUCH MORE THAN STRATOVARIUS!!!!!... the american guy came on and announced Stratovarius up next, but everyone chanted Turisas!!

next year you should headline, you seriously have the power to...we love you so much!...

i was the guy at the front with a long black axe, a Turisas longsleeve T, and glasses, and longish brown hair... you've probably forgotten me already but...

anyway... YOU KICKED ASS!!! Stratovarius seemed to be slightly nervous, and worried because they knew that you put on such a f**king awesome show!...and they knew their set wasn't as good...

!!!!TURISAS!!!! \,,/

Hail Turisas! That was definately one of the best shows I've ever seen, I was looking forward to seeing it for months and you exceeded all my expectations (let's just forget the absence of Midnight Sunrise though, shall we...).

I was the bearer of the huge Finland flag, and apparently you guys seemed to take note of it, but I didn't really notice (drunk, short, flag blocking my view..) and I also met you afterwards in the signing tent which was like a dream come true for me!

Next year you should come back and headline BOA as no doubt your new album will be out by then (Antti predicted early 2007, for those salivating in anticipation)!!!

HAIL TURISAS!!!

LAI LAI LAI LAI!

Turisas should have headlined. It was worth just seeing Turisas and Ensiferum, and for the remainder of the time, getting pished. I thought Edguy were ok as well. I couldnt be arsed with Stratovarious. In all, it owned. Getting home as there were no trains was even more fun.

Turisas keep getting better and better everytime i see them.

Overture... i think it's called? Was so perfectly placed, and at an outdoor festival at that, I cant even imagine how much stronger the atmosphere would have gotten if you guys stayed on longer, more and more people started dancing as songs kept on rolling.

Seems Turisas gained a lot more fanbase through this festival which is funky, you guys best keep up the awesome work. Having Petri of Ensiferum on stage half naked was legendary aswell, couldn't believe it hah..

And the chainmail viking was kick ass, kept shouting "Heathen" and "These are my Ancestors! My Ancestors!" hah, epic.

cant wait to see you guys again.

Went mainly for Bal Sagoth but Turisas owned the fucking place. First time at Bloodstock and twas a good 'un. And you're right , Suns Recline - the lads were definitely enjoying the birch twigs a wee bit too much

Thanks to all of you who showed up. Was a great show indeed, but as always, the audience made at least 50% of it. It was also nice to do the signing/meet-greet session after the show for a change when there was no more stress and we could just hang out, talk and fool around with the people who came.

Thanks a lot! See you next time.