[gig] 17.-19.08.2006 Summer Breeze Open Air, Dinkelsbühl (D)

so 2 days left to see FINNTROLL and THYRFING again.. *emm*.. well of course i mean TURISAS?! :)

but hell, i feel like shit. having fever and really bad teeth ache. as well as nice shivering and nauseous feeling all the time. so i guess a festival is the right thing for me! :)

metal will never die - but i guess i will soon...

melchen said:
so 2 days left to see FINNTROLL and THYRFING again.. *emm*.. well of course i mean TURISAS?! :)

but hell, i feel like shit. having fever and really bad teeth ache. as well as nice shivering and nauseous feeling all the time. so i guess a festival is the right thing for me! :)

metal will never die - but i guess i will soon...

My poor girl! :erk: Hope you get better soon! But at least you can go!
Without me... :cry:

i still could offer someone a ride from switzerland/southern germany to summerbreeze, if needed. damn no one wants to come with me *lol* poor moi. at least i know some suckers at the festival then.

Melchen... being sick at Summerbreeze seems to be a tradition. I spend the 3. day in the paramedics-tent. But okay, I had just got the information, that someone that I knew, has died.
How did you like the festival in general? I was really bored from all the Gothic bands there (Lacrimosa etc.). On Thursday only Finntroll saved the day, on Friday Turisas saved the day, and on Saturday Thyrfing saved the day.

Twilightheart said:
Melchen... being sick at Summerbreeze seems to be a tradition. I spend the 3. day in the paramedics-tent. But okay, I had just got the information, that someone that I knew, has died.
How did you like the festival in general? I was really bored from all the Gothic bands there (Lacrimosa etc.). On Thursday only Finntroll saved the day, on Friday Turisas saved the day, and on Saturday Thyrfing saved the day.
jep i couldn't almost eat anything since i had this bad teeth ache.. it sucked. but sad to hear about that death then,.. :-(

however, i liked summerbreeze a lot. the audience was way better than at party-san. too bad i was almost struggling around on my own since most of my (good) friends couldn't make it to the festival. and yes, summerbreeze was always one of this mix-festivals where you have black, heavy, power and gothic (metal). i need to say, that i sometimes like to hear some gothic, as long as it's at parties or a really good concert (i used to listen more of this 8-5 years ago). lacrimosa didn't match the festival - that's sure, .. but it was great to see them finally, i tried to see them for 8 years now, so it was good for me. and yes. thursday was the best day, original plan was to go to summerbreeze only for thursday and leave on friday to finnland to go to jalometalli. but well, my friend couldn't get the days off, so i stayed the whole festival (and left right after thyrfing).

i was pretty amazed how much more professional the organisators got in the last few years. and i really liked the new location. minus-points for the sanitary stuff, the toilets were really really awful.. and minus-points for the tickets, it was 18 € more on the desk instead on the pre-sales. so i spent 60 € for a ticket, 10 € for camping and another 10 € for parking my car. this was 80 € then and this is way too much for a billing like this, although i don't care about money to be honest, but still it makes you think a little like you could go to wacken with that money instead and this was "only" summerbreeze. sound wasn't the best either, especially on pain stage (vocals). main stage was okay (4 monitors for the singer!! lol).

and you..?

has there been ANYONE to that hörnerfest? how did it go?

however, prost to you all!
m.

I still do not understand why they chose Lacrimosa for the headlining position...I wasn´t at Summer Breeze because I had to work Thursday and Friday but the last Lacrimosa show I joined was really boring. Nothing left from the spirit of the old times.
And two of my favourite Finnish bands playing directly after each other on Friday... :cry: And I heard both did nice gigs. So I could even more :cry: Well, perhaps I get a chance to see both at the same festival next year somewhere in Europe.

wiebke said:
And two of my favourite Finnish bands playing directly after each other on Friday... :cry: And I heard both did nice gigs.
Dear, look into our magazine, I uploaded those Amorphis photos for you! (Couldn`t take better ones in the 1 minute we had time in the photo pit.:cry: )

I now also uploaded 28 photos of the Turisas gig at Summerbreeze to Sheol Magazine. You find them at this direct link:

http://www.sheol-magazine.com/TurisasSB2006.htm

SB06Turisas_posing.jpg

I like the pics! :)
Could it be that at least three guys want a tonsil control?! *lol*