Gigantour 2013

Lineup could have been better, not my cup of tea. I just can't dig BLS at all. Their music is just distorted noise to my ears.

I wanted to go that one year Dream Theater was on the bill

I like BLS too, but I've never seen them live. Hopefully, my opinion won't change.:lol:

I just ordered my ticket for the Bloomington, IL show. Tickets and parking are cheaper there than Allstate Arena, although it is a longer drive.

BLS has some cool songs and riffs but I'll just say it's kind of unique and different. I don't know how to explain it. It's like some weird Grateful Dead long tripped out Black Sabbath Blues Grunge Fusion. I kind of liked how Corrosion of Conformity did an era of Black Sabbath grungy blues, but BLS is a much different approach. I read an article where Ozzy said he had to get rid of Zack because his music was starting to sound more like BLS.

"Newsted: His EP was good and it would be nice to hear him do some old Metallica songs. Hell, he does them better than Metallica does now."

So when did Newsted start playing Metallica songs? Has anyone heard him play them?

So when did Newsted start playing Metallica songs? Has anyone heard him play them?

I have not seen Newsted yet but I did read on loudwire.com that he does play some Metallica songs. I got the vibe from the article that the ones he does were ones he either sang before or had some connection to. You can check out loudwire.com if you are interested in the article. His band is playing in Pontiac later this month and I might check it out.

"Newsted: His EP was good and it would be nice to hear him do some old Metallica songs. Hell, he does them better than Metallica does now."

There are a couple of videos on Youtube of him doing Metallica. I have seen him doing Whiplash and a couple others.

Ahhh, here is Whiplash:

Last edited by a moderator:
I must admit, Whiplash was pretty good. Not as good as Metallica, then or now, but still great all the same.

BLS has some cool songs and riffs but I'll just say it's kind of unique and different. I don't know how to explain it. It's like some weird Grateful Dead long tripped out Black Sabbath Blues Grunge Fusion. I kind of liked how Corrosion of Conformity did an era of Black Sabbath grungy blues, but BLS is a much different approach. I read an article where Ozzy said he had to get rid of Zakk because his music was starting to sound more like BLS.

Yeah I agree. Well, before they turned mainstream. Those first two albums are perfect IMO. Sonic Brew! :worship:

Ever see an interview with Newsted? He seems like he'd be the most annoying dude to talk to or even be in the same room with.

Just got back from the Newsted show, if you get the chance to see him in a club, DO IT! I went into this show having not heard any of the new songs and I still had a great time! Jason's enthusiasm is totally contagious and the band is solid!

I'm looking forward to seeing him again at the Gigantour show!

pretty sure Zakk has said the music was always bls,whatever didnt make the cut for ozzy was always used on his own records,Zakk rules:)

That's true, and it really showed on 1919 Eternal. That record was full of song Ozzy didn't want to use.

I think it's just that Zakk saw how popular that image and the music was getting, so he cashed in. Nothing wrong with that, he needs to feed the family, but I really really miss the psychedelic-southern-heavy sound they had in the beginning.

I have a feeling this tour's not selling too well. I got an e-mail the other day offering buy one get one free tickets for the Allstate Arena show.