Apr 26, 2002
www.royalcarnage.com
Now that Mustaine's signed with Roadrunner:

Megadeth
Testament
Machine Head
Opeth
DragonForce

and special guests...Exodus (west coast) and Trivium (east coast).

All announced on Al Jazeera TV. :loco:

You gotta wonder, there's going to be at least 3 roadrunner bands on the roster, and one of them is likely going to be Opeth.

Thankfully he's got god on his side, so he won't be taking Cradle of Filth.

lurch70 said:
wtf? since when?

blubbermooth:

MEGADETH Sign With ROADRUNNER RECORDS - May 12, 2006

MTV.com is reporting that MEGADETH have signed to Roadrunner Records for the release of their upcoming album, according to a source close to the deal. The studio sessions — held at Sarm Studios, outside of London — were filmed by director Michael Sarna (ANTHRAX, OBITUARY) and are available at Megadeth.com to fan-club members.

MEGADETH's last CD, "The System Has Failed", came out in September 2004. The group, who were most recently signed to Sanctuary Records, were joined by bassist James Lomenzo (ex-BLACK LABEL SOCIETY, WHITE LION) in February following the departure of James MacDonough (ex-ICED EARTH).

System Has Failed was one of the most underwhelming albums ever. It's like Coutndown To Extinction minus all the catchy and what thrash remained. It's not even outright painful to listen to like St. Anger; it's just completely boring and for that I hate it even more.

I'll go to this tour, even if I have to sit through Machine Head and Opeth.

I really enjoyed The System Has Failed for like 3 months, and I don't think I've listened to it since. Nothing wrong with it, just no lasting appeal. D'oh well.

Pyrus said:
System Has Failed was one of the most underwhelming albums ever.

Underwhelming? After Risk and The World Needs a Hero, how could this be anything close to underwhelming?

It's like Coutndown To Extinction minus all the catchy and what thrash remained.

Are we talking about the same album? Kick the Chair and Blackmail the Universe have cooler kickass riffs than anything on Countdown. (Not that System is a better album mind you).

The next Megadeth album should in all theory be phenomenal, if Mustaine and Drover are sitting there writing riffs together.

I agree with Jay that it sounded like a great comeback, but only in light of the suckage that preceded it, if not for those albums it would probably have been roasted all over the place, which also explains why I've seen Mindcrime II (a worse attempt at rejuvenation than Deth) occasionally get 90+% reviews...when will people learn to fear the words "back to our roots" instead of squirting in advance?

Thing is, it WAS a good comeback if you think about it, but it was just inconsistent as hell.

If every song on System Has Failed were as strong as Kick the Chair, Blackmail the Universe, The Scorpion, Die Dead Enough, and maybe Back in the Day, then it would be one of the best albums in their discography.

Granted, I don't listen to it much anymore, but then I don't listen to ANY 'Deth so I'm not sure what that implies tbh. Doesn't change the fact that Rust in Peace is one of the greatest albums of all time -- I just haven't given it a spin a loooong while.

I was never as enthusastic about System as you were, but I think it's a solid album. Kick the Chair is certainly:kickass: . I think the new one will either be a big step, either forward or backward. It's a reasonable hunch, based on his recent comments, that the new one is gonna have a few more heavy tracks on it. I hope so, like I said a whole album as fiery as Kick the Chair would do me just fine.

i never want to hear anything from dave mustaine again. worlds most overrated musician.

Eminor said:
I was never as enthusastic about System as you were, but I think it's a solid album. Kick the Chair is certainly:kickass: .

I actually prefer "Blackmail the Universe" -- the riff is incredible, and I like the whole news report intro with the Air Force One coming down...fuck I might just throw it on now and crank it. :kickass:

I remember when they released a sample before the album came out, I was shocked...the fact is, we hadn't heard riffs like "Blackmail" and "Kick the Chair" since RiP or perhaps CtE.

And don't forget Chris Poland's unbelievable solos. The fact that Poland was even back in...ay ay ay.

I think the new one will either be a big step, either forward or backward. It's a reasonable hunch, based on his recent comments, that the new one is gonna have a few more heavy tracks on it. I hope so, like I said a whole album as fiery as Kick the Chair would do me just fine.

System was the first album back and he used hired guns in the studio, like Chris Poland. Now they've toured, and he's got the EIDOLON brothers in, so you have to hope that the next one is going to be awesome.

That said, the new Eidolon album is very disappointing, and lacks total fire and wizardry like their previous albums. I have to hope they left their best riffs for the new 'Deth album.