Gigantour?

mikeglaz

New Metal Member
Sep 5, 2006
I really want to see Opeth here in Chicago during this Gigantour thing but I don't know if it's worth spending $50 if they'll be on for only 20 minutes. I don't really care to see the other bands. How long of a set do they play ... anyone know?

cheers,
mike

probably about 30-35 min.
id save the money if i was you, and buy a ticket for one of their own shows when you get the chance

I disagree - it's not like this is SOTU with 15 bands. This is a pretty good lineup and... wait a second $50?? My ticket for Boston was $33 after add-ons and taxes. WTF is yours $50?

Anyways, I was about to say that this was a pretty good lineup and you'll get your money's worth imo ffs.

But, in the end, it's your money.

frankly, I'm not at all interested in anything other than Opeth, so going wouldn't be much sense.

$50 or $33?

I think $33 is a great price for the 5 bands I'm going to see. The past 3 times I've seen Opeth, they've had 2 or 3 opening bands and each time I've paid $18 + tax. Not bad at all.

I think $50 is a bit outlandish, but not when you consider what it costs to see any big name act these days.

I just checked Ticketmaster. If you want to see Nickelback, it's gonna cost you $46+. WTF FFS??

If you like more than 2 of the bands on the bill, it's a good value. I like 3 of the 5 I'm seeing, so go me.

It's thru Ticketmaster. $38 plus $10 convenience (aka scratch Ticketmaster's ass) charge plus another $1.50 Building Facility charge.

I am confused though, as the $10 convenience charge provides me no convienience. To the contrary, it inconveniences me as it sets me back $10.

wwallinga said:
$50 or $33?

I think $33 is a great price for the 5 bands I'm going to see. The past 3 times I've seen Opeth, they've had 2 or 3 opening bands and each time I've paid $18 + tax. Not bad at all.

I think $50 is a bit outlandish, but not when you consider what it costs to see any big name act these days.

I just checked Ticketmaster. If you want to see Nickelback, it's gonna cost you $46+. WTF FFS??

If you like more than 2 of the bands on the bill, it's a good value. I like 3 of the 5 I'm seeing, so go me.
I paid $50 too after all of the service charges, but that's for a BOTH stages show....maybe that's the difference between $33 and $50.

Zombi Epidemic said:
I paid $50 too after all of the service charges, but that's for a BOTH stages show....maybe that's the difference between $33 and $50.

Nahhhh a main stage only show in vegas cost nearly $70 after all the charges so go figure :rolleyes:

wwallinga said:
I disagree - it's not like this is SOTU with 15 bands. This is a pretty good lineup and... wait a second $50?? My ticket for Boston was $33 after add-ons and taxes. WTF is yours $50?

Anyways, I was about to say that this was a pretty good lineup and you'll get your money's worth imo ffs.

But, in the end, it's your money.

I'll be there - should be good :headbang:

........minus LoG and Megadeth that is :)

Puckfiend said:
Just saw Gigantour in San Diego on Saturday night. Opeth only had time for 3 songs: Ghost of Perdition, Windowpane & Leper Affinity

for Puckfiend: Re: San Diego

For everyone else: Try not to look at the ticket price as if it is just to see Opeth. This is a tour that showcases Megadeath with a co-headlining (although still a shorter set that Megadeath) slot filled with LOG and supported by many other bands each playing sets much shorter than you would see if they were to play headlining shows. You're purchasing an opportunity to see a bit of each band in a single night. Either you think it's worth your $$ or you don't. :zombie:

mikeglaz said:
I really want to see Opeth here in Chicago during this Gigantour thing but I don't know if it's worth spending $50 if they'll be on for only 20 minutes. I don't really care to see the other bands. How long of a set do they play ... anyone know?

cheers,
mike

Ticketmaster tags on their bullshit convenience fee for online purchases. Just go to the box office and buy them directly like I did. Opeth will probably give a good 40-45 minutes.

Now that I've explained that, can someone tell me what that introduction song Opeth has play over the speaker system before they take the stage is?