4. and deepest sadness
5. yesmine
6. eternal summer
7. cannula
8. morphine
9. a golden girl from somewhere
10. silver
11. playing in the dark

okay so if goth rock/metal sounding like a particularly dejected and well-dressed scandinavian version of fields of the nephilim or heavy metal joy division (with well drawn artwork courtesy of necrolord wåhlin who plays guitar on this) sounds like something you wouldn't vomit at the mention of then go right ahead and grab these songs.

the follow up is hard to find and pretty crap (techno beatz,) this is hard to find and pretty good (overmelodramatic song titles aside.) it is uneven in song quality but "catholic" alone was worth the price for me. i still can't get enough of this type of atmosphere

also see my manly recommendation if you accidentally clicked this hoping for metal that is real

I like these types of heavy goth rock bands with ethereal atmosphere, good tunes.

erik9mm.jpg

I stumbled upon this band a few months ago and listened to Wedding the Grotesque about 7 times the first day I got the CD. Bought their other two albums immediately.

Deep down inside I remain a '90s gothic teenaged girl. Sadmetal is the bestmetal.

"wedding the grotesque", which i now have but don't believe i owned when i originally made this fresh thread, is so totally different from "the black flower" though. but it's also cool. i don't actually think diabolique at any point was a great band, they always had some seriously bad ideas mixed in with the good ones. but in the spirit of my recent thread i'll say this: they were at least inventive and you never knew what to expect.

Deep down inside I remain a '90s gothic teenaged girl. Sadmetal is the bestmetal.
this is 100% me

Agreed. I will give them extra boner points for being unique, which make up for their occasional "wtf?" moment. I'm just now getting into them but each album gives me something that the other doesn't, even the not-so-amazing Green Goddess. Which piques my interest as a jaded/aged type of metal person.
this is 100% me
Some day, I will come to Sweden. On that day, we shall smoke clove cigarettes together. And not smile.

Some day, I will come to Sweden. On that day, we shall smoke clove cigarettes together. And not smile.
you are totally welcome, i'd like that

although i don't think clove cigarettes are or were ever a thing in sweden, although by consuming various american pop-cultural detritus over the years i have gained an understanding of what they are

maybe SNUS will be an acceptable substitute

Snus it is! Cloves are pretty awful anyhow, but once every 5 years the wife and I will smoke a few and listen to Bauhaus and pretend to be sad but actually thoroughly enjoy the full gothic experience.