Giusseppe Orlando = Best Drummer

he is seriously amazing.... i almost listen to the drums more then the guitars which is very unusual for me...

THE KING OF DRUMMING

Yeah, Carmelo's vox have improved greatly since the start. I love it when he's soft-spoken and barely audible and how it just CRUSHES the way a screech pounds in just after. Wickedly well done. :heh:

But, hey, speaking of the outstanding Giusseppe, I met a few online that didn't know because of a live show they saw once. They had a gig and Giusseppe was out from back surgery and they used a drum machine rather than a fill in.

Well, the guy was forever under the impression that they always sounded like that. I know something was wrong when he said how shitty the drummer was. I was like, "You're talking about Novembre with the "bre", right?! :err: Of course, I had to post a link to Cold Blue Steel and asked, "Now! Tell me this drummer isn't the shit."

Schism said:
The drumming on Dreams... is blowing me away, this guy is a machine!!!

Yeah, I always thought that the drumming on that album was the fanciest, especially on LET ME HATE! I love that pounding tom thing he does on that song! Also the speed he gets going in "the music" is the only passage of music I've ever heard that I can NOT avoid headbanging to...I don't think it's original drumming or anything, but damn it's the best in the world. Also, after that break (a few minutes in) on Children of the Twilight, when he comes in with that blast beat type thing....OUCH! He's definitely the best metal drummer. Sandoval's probably faster, but no one has got his style. NO ONE! ahaha! Some prog drummers (portnoy, dvirglio (can't spell that)) can probably outdo him, but they don't count.

Guiseppe Orlando is definitely my current favourite drummer, now that Sean Reinert has practically abandoned his style and is focusing on his pop band.
He is just so creative and fluid. He is constantly making the music, which is already interesting, even more interesting! I'm so happy that he recovered from his injury and can continue recording with Novembre.
By the way. No disrespect to Portnoy, but there is no way he could keep up with Guiseppe's speed. He may shine in other areas of the drums, but Guiseppe is clearly faster when it comes to double bass.

Conservatory Resonance said:

yeah, Giuss is good, but he aint no Don Tardy. Novembre is a much better band as a whole than Obituary, but don smoke giuss IMO. just listen to 'the end complete' vs any novembre (for drums only) and you will see.

i was reading this thread and thinking yeah, he is fucking awesome, then i remembered that don was my fav drummer, so i whipped out 'the end complete' and some 'world demise' (which are the ones he shines on most) and remembered why.

sorry Giuss, but you are still top notch, yer just no Don Tardy.

he really is an excellent drummer, no discussion about that, and i also second that ppl like portnoy and the like don't really count because they do complicated stuff for the complicity in it... but what about Richard Christy (last Death album)? take "to forgive is to suffer" for example... but will check out don tardy as well, don't have any obituary... yet.

yes, Peppe has for sure incredible skills.
even mates being not really into stuff like that, mention the drum parts as the first thing they were impressed by after hearing Novembre for the first time.

Giuseppe is definitively the most talented drummer out of my country, :worship: his drumming is so fanciful!
Do you know guys that Giuseppe has also sung a couple of times?
Well, I don't know if he's ever sung even in the past, but if you wanna hear his dreamy clean vocals, you can listen to the title-track from the debut album of Klimt 1918, "Undressed Momento", where he sings some chorus or better "Swallow's Supremay" from their promo 2000 "Secession makes Post-modern Music"... he's got a beautiful voice for real! In this last song, you can also hear Carmelo's screamiiing! Check this other wonderful band out!

The drummer from my band is convinced that Nicholas Barker is the best drummer out. Sure not many people may be faster on the kicks than Nick (especially for such a big guy) But guiseppe is really good. Probably the best in the extreme metal genre.
MY favorite drummer is Danney Carrey though. Danny has the speed, the compexity and the creativity. Most immportantly he can make the drums sound like an actual instrument. If he was playing by himself, it would be a song, not a drum solo.
Anyway My personl list
1. danny carry
2.guisseppe
3.Nicholas Barker.

EDIT: several months later and danny and guisseppe are even

Now that I listened to Giuseppe's sideproject AbstractA which is very influenced by Dream Theater, I dare to say he double-kicks the crap out of Mike Portnoy. I've never been a very fan of Mike Portnoy, he may be the best drummer (as considered by the vast majority of drummers and vague music listeners) for his show-off tricks, but he doesn't have the feeling giuseppe does. Giuss knows when to speed, when to calm, when to do his show off, when not to and I'm very happy he's in a modest band, wouldn't want to think what could happen if success echoed through his skull like it did to portnoy and others.

Keep rocking \m/ :headbang:

P.S: Wildhoney listening to Undress Momento, is he doing the harmony in the back of the verse?

Mike Portnoy is hella crap.
I mean, hes good, but HARDLY the best.
it is undoubtedly Danny Carrey, and Guiseppe
and Flo from cryptopsy is pretty good too aye.
anyone know a drummer who can do blast beats faster than flo?