Giusseppe Orlando = Best Drummer

morningstar said:
Blast beats sux, no life, no technique, just sheer speed aggression. Giuseppe on top!

Yeah? shit! that's like, you're opinion man!
Blast beats is a technique. And I like black metal and they just work in with it.

It's obvious that what I wrote here is my opinion, did I mention it was yours or Giuseppes? Anyway, I think I wrote that a little bit out of haste. I do like a few blast beats like those on "L'epoque Noire", "Old Lighthouse Tale", "Let Me Hate"... any by Giuseppe...but I kinda hate the death metal bands, whose drummers do limit themselves to blast beating the crap out of their cymbals and snares...Still, I think that if this is a technique... it's a very basic one, because I, not being a drummer myself, can do it very well since I first sit in front of a drumkit with drumsticks at hand (not at lightning speed and can't keep up with consistency across time). That was what I meant, sorry if I sound too agressive, that's not the intent... :)

Cheers!

morningstar said:
It's obvious that what I wrote here is my opinion, did I mention it was yours or Giuseppes? Anyway, I think I wrote that a little bit out of haste. I do like a few blast beats like those on "L'epoque Noire", "Old Lighthouse Tale", "Let Me Hate"... any by Giuseppe...but I kinda hate the death metal bands, whose drummers do limit themselves to blast beating the crap out of their cymbals and snares...Still, I think that if this is a technique... it's a very basic one, because I, not being a drummer myself, can do it very well since I first sit in front of a drumkit with drumsticks at hand (not at lightning speed and can't keep up with consistency across time). That was what I meant, sorry if I sound too agressive, that's not the intent... :)

Cheers!

haha, its no problem man!
that saying "yeah? shit! thats like your opinion man!" is just kindof a little personal joke. I dont really mind if you dont like Blast Beats.
I did just write a whole lot of shit about the practising of blast beats but i'd rather not be a pretentious wanker :Smug:

Either way, Guiseppe is better. :tickled:

Yes, even the slower songs have the perfect beats behind them. A brilliant drummer, no doubt.