Given that this place is now basically "rate my mix"...

olif8

Minge
Mar 9, 2010
The Midlands, UK
Here's something I did for uni recently, I'm posting it here because I mainly struggle with mastering but I feel like I'm improving. A bit of info:

This is an electro/rockish cover of [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E6e3R-aA2LA&ob=av3e"]Love Don't Let Me Go by David Guetta[/ame] Mix and master by moi.

I played nothing on this, and the only tracking I was around for was bass. Everything except vocals was edited my me, I didn't have time to do the vocals so someone else did it, and they bug me a little. The vocal performance isn't amazing, so I had to do some silly things with it like the harmony and autotune to make it a little more exciting. Pretty much every performance was subpar but I feel like I managed to make it somewhat listenable. For some reason the guy that imported the drums did them all in mono (despite me exporting them in stereo), so the OH track is kinda weird. I don't like the crash cymbal sample I used, but I guess I'm stuck with it now. Screaming Simple cymbals, quik toms, MMI snare and kick 10 (inappropriate I know :lol:). The kick and snare are clipping a little which is grating on me, but I managed to get it louder than most of my other shit, so I am quite proud of that. The over exaggerated and pumping low mids were intentional, and a concious decision given the style. Although the multiband on the high mids drops out when it cuts to just vocals a couple of times and it sounds retarded :lol: Anyway, enough waffling, take a listen, hope you enjoy, let me know what you think :)

Dropbox link

Last edited by a moderator: