Glam Vidz...

little miss messiah

Living my life. Everyday
Apr 18, 2001
between a rock & a hard place
Visit site
Now everyone has done one ' on stage, not a live thingy thing', one thing has ALWAYS puzzled me....

Inbetween the stageyness, high kix/confetti bombz/guitar/drumstick throwing/catching etc....

WHERE IS THE BLOODY AUDIENCE??????

Notable exception, Jovi - livin on a prayer, audience 'magically appears' :D

otherwise, Jovi, Poison, Warrant, Tigertailz, Lita, PB Floyd, Def Leppard, Van Halen, DLR etc, WHERE WAS EVERYONE????????

I suppose they thought it would probably be hard to find 15,000 people to come and pretend they are at a concert and scream excitedly while a camera crew shoots some planned shots of the band miming on stage... hehehe.

I guess they aren't really important though, the purpose of those video clips is more to show off the band's live production they will be taking out on tour, show that they are fun and energetic on stage, and show off the band's image. I think the video for Poison - Nothin' But A Good Time does it perfectly, awesome clip! That's one of the best performance videos I've seen...

There are some clips though which are made up of various real live footage of the band which has been pieced together, and usually mixed in with a few new shots just for the clip... like Motley Crue - Home Sweet Home, Def Leppard - Armageddon It, Kiss- Thrills In The Night, etc.

It's been ages since I saw a glam vid....I do remember one time the VH1 Friday Night Rock Show strung together Skid Row, David Lee Roth, Y&T and Quiet Riot and one or two other glam bands all in a row....pretty damn cool, it was! :D but I don't remember seeing any opportunities for an audience to appear in any of them...