Glenn, please bring or bring back these bands to the fest!!!!!!

As for my list though, I also would love to see Grave Digger. In fact, they're #1 for me, outside of Saxon (though due to their high price, I'm sure that won't happen). As for the other though:

2. King Diamond (despite the dark themes, he is practically power metal)
3. Devin Townsend (in any form)
4. Jag Panzer
5. Rhapsody of Fire
6. Anubis Gate
7. Unexpect (oddball choice)

Now, I'm probably in the minority here, but my favs at PP tend to be the actual PROG bands, or the ones that will deviate occasionally off of 4/4, continuous double-kick beats, screams/cookie monster vocals, and formulaic arrangements. I loved DSO and Orphaned Land for this reason alone (something a little different). For a festival named Prog Power, it is typically dominated by power metal rather that progressive rock/metal - which is FINE. Glenn does a fabulous job of gathering a variety of talent from around the world and it happens to be that the people who attend PP tend to be more into power metal, which I will again repeat is FINE.

Bottom line is I suggest more prog bands rather than more power metal.

If anything, maybe a prog night and a power metal night.
And while I strongly prefer prog bands over power metal bands, I feel that this year's balance favored the prog side and the prog fans didn't open their wallets and prove that they will support this festival. As much as I hate to admit it, the power metal bands definitely put more butts in seats. I think the power metal favor for PP XI is a direct result of this (my opinion, not from Glenn). If this is the case, I really don't blame him one bit. It appears to be cyclical anyhow. It seems to sway back and forth from prog heavy to power heavy each year. I think this year's line up kicked butt and think that next year's will too! Seventh Wonder, Illusion Suite, DGM, etc... should satisfy most prog fans. And bands like Nocturnal Rites do a nice blend of both! I think that their set will crush!

This will never happen. Let's be honest. Savatage essentially is Jon Oliva's Pain and Savatage will NEVER be Savatage without Criss. I wouldn't mind seeing JOP again though.

I don't know. They could do a Wake Of Magellan era reunion and I'd shit. I'll second the request for Silent Force. Hearing Mark Boals this year made me really want to hear some epic vocals again (of the DC Cooper, Andre Matos calibre).

I don't know. They could do a Wake Of Magellan era reunion and I'd shit. I'll second the request for Silent Force. Hearing Mark Boals this year made me really want to hear some epic vocals again (of the DC Cooper, Andre Matos calibre).

I'd have to agree. Boals completely blew me away with his performance with the Hunt this year. I had been getting into Royal Hunt lately, but after that I was really impressed with him more than anything else.

Hell would have to freeze over for ARP to play in the US. Glenn hates Dream Evil. I just hope for Therion with the Atlanta Symphony's string section.

Just curious, what is the issue with ARP playing the US? Is he a US hater? I guess I'm out of the loop on this one. As far as Dream Evil, Glenn has openly said he would never book a band or two and then did. He has said that he would book a band he didn't like if there were enough fans who wanted them. I'm also curious why Falconer has never come to Progpower. I didn't get to go see them at BWBK, but heard from folks who went that they were nothing less than incredible. I guess it could be scheduling conflicts and such, I havent heard of what Glenn thinks of them one way or another.

Bring back
Pagans Mind
DSO
Circus Maximus
Symphony X
Evergrey
Nightwish
Brainstorm deserves another showing

Bring back
Pagans Mind
DSO
Circus Maximus
Symphony X
Evergrey
Nightwish
Brainstorm deserves another showing

Do Pagans Mind and Circus Maximus seriously need another progpower showing? I for one love Pagan's Mind, but I think for them to come back, it would have to be MANY years from now and when they do, it should be a headliner since they've now gotten a 1 hr 15 spot. Circus Maximus I just don't get the big deal. Regardless though, same thing goes with them as Pagan's Mind. It needs to wait a while, when they have a couple more albums under their belt.

Brainstorm, as much as I love them should ONLY come back if they headline. Maybe Brainstorm should lead the showcase in a couple years. The problem with Nightwish is due to Annette, the fans have been split and they aren't as popular in an atmosphere such as progpower any more.

Do Pagans Mind and Circus Maximus seriously need another progpower showing? I for one love Pagan's Mind, but I think for them to come back, it would have to be MANY years from now and when they do, it should be a headliner since they've now gotten a 1 hr 15 spot. Circus Maximus I just don't get the big deal. Regardless though, same thing goes with them as Pagan's Mind. It needs to wait a while, when they have a couple more albums under their belt.

Brainstorm, as much as I love them should ONLY come back if they headline. Maybe Brainstorm should lead the showcase in a couple years. The problem with Nightwish is due to Annette, the fans have been split and they aren't as popular in an atmosphere such as progpower any more.

Circus Maximus should come back every year. Here's a suggestion, lets support the lives of all members of Circus Maxmius, Freak Kitchen, Sabaton, and Pain of Salvation, have them move to Atlanta, and have them play every year on Tuesday Night! :kickass::kickass::kickass::kickass: