Global Metal documentary

globalmetal

New Metal Member
Feb 21, 2007
The makers of the documentary "Metal: A Headbanger's Journey" are seeking metal fans from Middle Eastern countries who are attending the Desert Rock Festival in Dubai, March 9-10, 2007, to appear in their follow-up film, "Global Metal.”

“We are excited about filming at Desert Rock and meeting with fans from throughout the Middle East,” says directors Scot McFadyen and Sam Dunn. “We want to talk with metalheads from the Middle East about their love for metal and their experiences being metal fans in these countries.”

The filmmakers are seeking information from fans who are attending Desert Rock who currently live in the following countries:

Egypt
Iran
Iraq
Jordan
Kuwait
Lebanon
Oman
Qatar
Saudi Arabia
Syria
The Palestinian Territories
Turkey
United Arab Emirates
Yemen

If you (A) currently live in one of these countries, (B) are attending the festival and (C) are interested in being interviewed for “Global Metal” please contact the directors at: info@metalhistory.com

"Global Metal" is the follow-up film to "Metal: A Headbanger's Journey" which explored metal's impact and controversy over the past 35 years and featured interviews with Tony Iommi, Bruce Dickinson, Alice Cooper, Ronnie James Dio, SLAYER, Dee Snider, ARCH ENEMY, LAMB OF GOD, CANNIBAL CORPSE, EMPEROR and many more. The two-disc DVD set was released in North America in May and includes extended interviews, an interactive metal history chart, and a mini-doc on Norwegian black metal.

For more information, visit www.metalhistory.com

Your kidding me right? they have a metal festival in that country? lol i heard they recently sent foreigners to prison for dancing with women that aren't their wives, drinking alcohol, playing music at a party etc...

"I read something interesting today about President Bush. Did you know on his desk, in the Oval Office, he keeps a paper with the pictures of the most al Qaeda members on it and whenever we capture or kill one of them, he crosses them out? Clinton used to do the same thing with the Sports Illustrated swimsuit issue. Whenever he'd nail one of them, he'd put a line through them." —Jay Leno