Gloryhammer announce album release date (plus artwork and track list)

Hi guys, it's been a while since I've posted on here (or any forum, for that matter), so sorry for the sort of spammy feel this thread has.

I'm really excited to announce that my band will be releasing it's debut album, "Tales from the Kingdom of Fife" on March 29th through Napalm Records. Here's the statement (including artwork and track list):

Greetings my friends and fellow warriors,

Today we can announce that Gloryhammer's debut abum 'TALES FROM THE KINGDOM OF FIFE' will be released on March 29th 2013, through Napalm Records. We are also thrilled to show to you the album artwork, painstakingly handcrafted by Dan Goldsworthy (responsible for the album covers of Accept, Hell, Sylosis, and many more). The art depicts the great hero Angus McFife, questing valiantly through the frozen highlands, wielding the Hammer of Glory. A truly magnificent piece, I'm sure you'll agree. We can also reveal to you for the first time, the tracklisting of the album:

1. Anstruther's Dark Prophecy
2. The Unicorn Invasion of Dundee
3. Angus McFife
4. Quest for the Hammer of Glory
5. Magic Dragon
6. Silent Tears of Frozen Princess
7. Amulet of Justice
8. Hail to Crail
9. Beneath Cowdenbeath
10. The Epic Rage of Furious Thunder

There will also be a "Limited First Pressing Heroic Edition" of the album, presented in a luxurious digipak format with alternate artwork, featuring the bonus track "Wizards!". Like the name suggests, this version will only be available in limited quantities, so get your copy fast! FOR THE GLORY OF DUNDEE!

603239_385629761473501_204425449_n.jpg

I seriously cannot wait until everybody can hear it! We'll hopefully be able to release a preview track soon.

Unfortunately I'm not very experienced in these things, it being my first commercial release! Perhaps Steve will be able to give an idea, having releases with Napalm already.

My best guess is maybe a month or so before the release date. I'll keep you updated when I know more about it.

Holy crap, I had no idea you were part of this! Which member are you?

Unfortunately I'm not very experienced in these things, it being my first commercial release! Perhaps Steve will be able to give an idea, having releases with Napalm already.

My best guess is maybe a month or so before the release date. I'll keep you updated when I know more about it.

OK that's cool, I shall be looking to get my hands on the Limited Edition version. :kickass:

Oh wow! I bought your three-song CD earlier this year. Good stuff, I'll be looking forward to hearing Gloryhammer samples soon :)

I saw this on Facebook. Having lived in Fife for 5 years this really tickles me :D I even met Chris there. Anstruther, Crail, Dundee, hehe never in a million years would I guess there'd be power metal about these old haunts!

Paul on guitars too, this is gonna SHRED! :headbang: +1 on the pre-order!

Congratulations!! Would gladly check out this, so please keep me(us without Facebook!) up to date on this thread!

Haha, cheers, Dom. I feel I should probably actually get around to visiting those places! To play a show there with these songs would be pretty fun too.

I know with all the silliness you might get the impression that this is some sort of half-arsed parody band, but the reality is that this has been years in the making and we've all worked our hardest on it. You can't really do this sort of thing successfully by half-measures!

For the non-facebook people, we posted another of Dan's artworks for the album booklet. He's a phenomenal artist and he did way more than we even asked for. Definitely a guy who does it as much for the love as the money. Plenty more to come!

533491_386177658085378_1088797828_n.jpg

You drunkenly signed my copy of Back Through Time in Chicago last year and capped it off with a smiley face. Come through with Gloryhammer and do the same for their debut, thanks ;)

I'm kind of torn on this. On one hand, it's a strong song, clear melody, sounds epic, but... it really does bother me that Chris's projects are over-the-top gimmicks that are able to have a decent budget whereas Power Quest and lots of other bands could never even make a proper video.

Don't get me wrong, more power to Chris and Gloryhammer, but when I see those outfits and listen to the lyrics... man, I dunno, it just rubs me the wrong way (admittedly because of how I view music, not necessarily because of the band itself).

I'm kind of torn on this. On one hand, it's a strong song, clear melody, sounds epic, but... it really does bother me that Chris's projects are over-the-top gimmicks that are able to have a decent budget whereas Power Quest and lots of other bands could never even make a proper video.

Don't get me wrong, more power to Chris and Gloryhammer, but when I see those outfits and listen to the lyrics... man, I dunno, it just rubs me the wrong way (admittedly because of how I view music, not necessarily because of the band itself).
I disagree. That song sounded excellent to me, and also from what I remember Power Quest did actually make a music video for Glory Tonight song before if Im not mistaken.

I'm with you 100% on that uncomfortable feeling Mr Mike, I'm just biased because of the Fife-factor :p I think there's room for good, clean, cheesy, corny, tongue-in-cheek fun in metal/power metal...it just shouldn't really get the lion's share that it does these days whilst side-lining genuinely talented bands with depth.