GNX3 users..

BiatchGuy

tired and rundown
Apr 3, 2002
Hi all,

Just got the Digitech GNX3 effects processor, can any of you who use this thing recommend some settings for a heavy rhythm tone? Some setups to play around with and get a cool tone. Which amp/cabinet models you prefer, etc. etc?

The "Rectified" just seems a little too bassy to me and not "alive" enough, I'd like a tone a little dirtier than that.

Well, I own a GNX1, and the best thing I can suggest to you, is go read the manual on how to make your own preset, and by doing that, take the tone closest to your liking, and tweak it from there, until you get a tone you're satisfied with,(which you will), and then save it, and youre good to go. Just read the manual for like 5 minutes, on how to tweak the settings, and you'll be good to go. If not, try this, this is what I use for all my metal rhythm playing. Try a Blues and a Highgain amp, with whatever cabs you want, and keep the gain below fifty, crank the mids to about 10, Trebles like 6-8, and bass about 4-6, and blend them by 50%, and tweak effects like reverb for yourself from there. Hope that helped, if not, go to the official Digitech site, and check out their GNX forums, they have lots of presets to share there.