Goatwhore

I've seen them about 5 or 6 times at various shows. They're not amazing or anything, but they put on a good show and the music is fairly good.

Funny story, I was at Starbucks with a friend one night, and some of his other friends join us. There was a good looking guy in a Goatwhore shirt, to my surprise, so I start up with the flirting. He starts talking about his day and how his hands are sore from all of his woodworking and using saws. I'm nodding along, thinking he's a carpenter, until he says "and then in 5th period I had a test and...". The little bastard was talking about SHOP CLASS, and I felt like an old dirty pervert.

BlackwaterNymph said:
I've seen them about 5 or 6 times at various shows. They're not amazing or anything, but they put on a good show and the music is fairly good.

Funny story, I was at Starbucks with a friend one night, and some of his other friends join us. There was a good looking guy in a Goatwhore shirt, to my surprise, so I start up with the flirting. He starts talking about his day and how his hands are sore from all of his woodworking and using saws. I'm nodding along, thinking he's a carpenter, until he says "and then in 5th period I had a test and...". The little bastard was talking about SHOP CLASS, and I felt like an old dirty pervert.

rofl "5th period"

i've never heard any of thier studio stuff but when i saw them open for emperor they were pretty entertaining. i'll probably check out an album later.

Will Bozarth said:
Didn't they just lose a member?
I know they lost a guitarist pretty recently. the drummer I'm working with has jammed with the guy (Tim something) a couple of times around Circleville. The guy was actually supposed to come try out for the bass position in our band, but he never showed up.

I've seen them a good many times live. My god, do they fucking slay live. One of the best live bands I've ever seen. Both their CDs are great too. Funeral Dirge for the Rotting Sun is the best of the two though.

firewalkjen said:
Guys ever heard Goatwhore? A friend of mine's band opened up for them. Never heard them, but when they started their set. I just got his big evil grin on my face. They are awesome!!

www.myspace.com/goatwhore

Glad you got to see them! My boyfriend's band opened for them last Thursday. That was the 4th or 5th time I've seen them live - pretty brutal music, and nice guys to boot. :kickass: