GOATWHORE's BEN FALGOUST Pays Tribute To GWAR's DAVE BROCKIE

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
Ben Falgoust (pictured), vocalist for GOATWHORE and SOILENT GREEN, has released the following statement regarding the passing of GWAR frontman Dave Brockie (a.k.a. Oderus Urungus):"Right now my heart is wedged in my throat and I have this overwhelmed feeling of loss. My words can't, and never will, describe this. "We have lost someone that has been a mentor, a great friend, an inspiration and an overall down-to-earth, incredible person. "Our good friend, Dave Brockie, has left us behind and it pains us as we offer our condolences to his family, friends, bandmates and the masses of people that have adored him. It is an honor to have been a part of his life in music."Hail the legions of GWAR! "Long live Oderus!! "Dave will forever be with everyone that has crossed his path."Dave Brockie was found dead at his home in Richmond, Virginia Sunday evening. Richmond police spokeswoman Dionne Waugh said officers were called to a residence in the 4800 block of the city's West Seminary Avenue at 6:53 p.m. for a report of a dead person. They found Brockie dead inside. According to Waugh, detectives do not suspect foul play at this time. Brockie's body has been sent to the medical examiner's office for an autopsy to determine the cause and manner of death.Photo credit: YellMagazine.com

More...