Gods of Metal Tour review!

Wintermist

New Metal Member
Apr 22, 2003
The show was F'n Awesome!

Painmuseum - Very Good set, short of course. I had never heard them before but the were very heavy in your generic heavy metal style, it was too bad that there wern't many ppl there to see them starting at about 3:30PM. The singers vocals were a little to loud and distorted, may have been the mix on the sound board though, but other then that they rocked, very good guitar (4 songs)

Carnal Forge - Awesome! Fast! Drummer is god damn fast. Again not a big crowd otherwise there would have been a big pit for them. I've been wating to see these guys and was not let down. There were tight, no screw ups and fast. The singer (Jonas) has cool stage presence even with a small crowd. Sound was great; again another short set but awesome! (5 songs)

Behemoth - This was a suprise they weren't listed to play, but I guess they took the place of Amon Amarth who joins the tour in a couple shows. Good Set, the started off in there earlier Black Metal style and in the middle of the show did a quick instrument change and started to play there new Death Metal style. These guys were good, tight, and were the first to start up the pit. Really wanted to see Amon Amarth but these guys were just as good. (5 Songs)

Primal Fear - Ok I'm gonna come striaght out and say I am not a fan of there's. The band is great, the play well and the guitarist is awesome but there singer just has a, I'm gonna get flamed, gayish stage presence, plus I don't like his voice, just not a power metal fan. He does there wierd little dance things on stage and it just dosen't fit in. Most of the crowd was happy to see them so from crowd reaction i'd say they put on a good show but I just don't get it, if you want that kinda metal just listen to Judas Priest, thats what they always remind me of, but I guess I just don't know. (7 Songs)

Immortal - Oh hail the dark gods of metal!! Imortal tore up the stage and started a huge pit and crowd surfing. I've seen them before and they were awesome and again they were awesome, sound was right on, they play identical to the cd which is quite good for only 3 guys. Abtath is awesome on stage, he knows how the get the crowd going with pauses in key place of songs to rile up the crowd. This was real fuckin' metal, but there set was way to short only like 35-40 mins and there songs are long so they only got in 5 songs (I'll have a longer review in the Immortal fourm) None the less, they know how to rock, and as I quote Abbath "We will return"

Testament - Chuck billy is Back!! Wow! You could tell these guys were itchin' to play for the last 3 years, Awesome! It was too bad that one of the amps blew (a Mesa Boogie) and wasted about 15 mins if there set but it gave time to Chuck to get the crowd going and to say he's here to stay. The best way I can describe there show was how ever good you think Testament would be live, it lived up to every expectation. Big pit, ppl trying to get on stage and there wasn't one head in the place that wasn't bangin'. Chuck billy is back and he's back with avengence! (6 songs)

Halford - Now don't get me wrong Halford is awesome his band is awesome, but his voice is almost too much, there was the problem of being too loud. You coudn't understand a single word. I wish they would have mixed it a bit lower, the band is great. Halford is great, but if you go bring earplugs. They rocked out and Halford is as bad ass as ever. I had to leave though after about 5 songs, but I must say the the highest, loudest sound I'ver hever heard was Halfords voice, so if you want loud you got it. He was and always will be a :worship: "Metal God"

Rock on, and as Painmuseum said "Keep Metal Real!" :headbang:

Wintermist :Spin:

Testament did play Disciples, a lot of there set list was from The Gathering. Immortal Played most newer but a couple older of course Battles in the North :headbang: Good show and loud, so bring earplugs if you want.

Wintermist

WHAT A FUCKING KILLER SHOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WELL WORTH THE $50 BUCKS!!!!!!!!

I went to the one in Toronto Canada!
Fuck I still went to the concert sick like a dog, and now I'm even more sick! My throat feels like there is a knife stuck in there, my neck kills, i did way to much head banging, and my ears are still ringing! BUT IT WAS "ALL" WORTH IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Every band I thought had a good performace, not one sucked! My fav was Amon Amarth, I fucking love those guys, I was really into their set but it was kina to short. Immortal, OMG what a fucken sick band, they had a killer set, headbanged though the whole thing, and loved it, HALFORD, OMG AMAZING SET, sang a ton of songs! Primal fear, i thought had a really fucking good set as well, I'm not really into them, but after that show im going to check them out! Carnal Forge had a heavy set, I talked to Lars Lindén from Carnal Forge, hes a kool guy, I was talking to him for like 10-15 min after there set! I got his autograpgh! Painmesum put on a killer show also! OVERALL, ONE OF THE BEST SHOWS EVER!!!!!!!!!!!

Here are pics from the Toronto set!
painmuseum-banner.jpg

metalgods-oh-008-sm.jpg

metalgods-oh-016-sm.jpg

metalgods-oh-020-sm.jpg

metalgods-oh-023-sm.jpg

carnalforge-banner.jpg

metalgods-oh-026-sm.jpg

metalgods-oh-027-sm.jpg

metalgods-oh-037-sm.jpg

metalgods-oh-040-sm.jpg

MetalGods0012.jpg

amonamarth-banner.jpg

metalgods-oh-045-sm.jpg

metalgods-oh-058-sm.jpg

metalgods-oh-048-sm.jpg

metalgods-oh-054-sm.jpg

metalgods-oh-070-sm.jpg

primalfear-banner.jpg

metalgods-oh-074-sm.jpg

metalgods-oh-077-sm.jpg

metalgods-oh-081-sm.jpg

metalgods-oh-087-sm.jpg

metalgods-oh-093-sm.jpg

metalgods-oh-099-sm.jpg

immortal-banner.jpg

metalgods-oh-101-sm.jpg

metalgods-oh-104-sm.jpg

metalgods-oh-108-sm.jpg

metalgods-oh-109-sm.jpg

metalgods-oh-117-sm.jpg

metalgods-oh-121-sm.jpg

metalgods-oh-128-sm.jpg

metalgods-oh-133-sm.jpg

halford-banner.jpg

metalgods-oh-135-sm.jpg

metalgods-oh-142-sm.jpg

metalgods-oh-149-sm.jpg

metalgods-oh-151-sm.jpg

metalgods-oh-168-sm.jpg

metalgods-oh-170-sm.jpg

Uh I was at that show...Testament did 8 songs, not 6....

1. D. N. R ( Do Not Rescusitate)
2. Down For Life
3. Low
4. Burnt Offerings
5. True Believer
6. Three Days of Darkness
7. Over the Wall
8. Disciples of the Watch

If the technical difficulties didn't occur, they would have done Into the Pit, Trial by Fire, and Dog Faced Gods. The only thing I'm pissed about is that Testament changed there set a few weeks later and added fucking Eerie Inhabitants, Practice What You Preach, and Chasing Fear.