Kamelot concert review

LORDEJAILBAIT

Jailbait at it's finest!
Nov 26, 2006
Bumblefuck, NY
Kamelot's show in Poughkeepsie New York back in September absolutely drove me crazy (in a good way). They played with Operatika, Metadox and Epica, but I won't get into those parts of the show too much. They opened up with "When the Lights are Down" (track number 2 off of The Black Halo), and the whole crowd went wild. I was suprised that so many people showed up to that show, because from my experience people have only heard of them because I always rant and rave about them.

When Simone from Epica appeared on stage to sing the haunting, all the ladies and gents sprung boners :lol: one guy even asked during Epica's set "what are you doing after the show tonight?" haha. She's beautiful in every way, good looking, great voice and what's even better is that she sounds great live.

They played alot of stuff off of The Black Halo, but they played some old time favorites like The Spell and Karma. Although The Black Halo is edited and perfected by the studio alot, I was not disappointed at all by the way it sounded live. I was told that it would sound very weird because of how edited that album is, but let me tell you right now...if anyone ever says that to you about Kamelot, don't listen to them. They sounded just as great live, not exactly the same as the album though.

They played a few ballads as well. I was disappointed that they didn't play Wander, they actually played a ballad that I am not familiar with. Khan sang with a pretty brunnette in a white gown, and a foam machine was set up on the balcony of the venue and at the end of the song it shot out bubbles which were supposed to be snow. It was a unique twist indeed! :)

If you ever get the chance to see Kamelot live, make sure you get there early enough to grab a spot up front and if no one will go to the show with you, then go alone. It's worth it.

As for the other bands, Operatika sounds like Therion's power metal era along with Nightwish. They open for alot of great power metal bands around here. Metadox sucked big time. They try to be old school but they sound like crap, when they threw out free demos from the stage, I caught one and threw one back at them. As for Epica, they are indeed a great gothic metal band with an attractive vocalist with a beautiful voice.

I missed this tour last year, so I'm awaiting the 2007 lineup of Kamelot and Leave Eyes in late summer. I saw Kamelot many years ago when the headlined ProgPower in Atlanta, they were awesome then. Sounds like this was a great show too, very unqiue and not so typical entertainment.

I missed this tour last year, so I'm awaiting the 2007 lineup of Kamelot and Leave Eyes in late summer. I saw Kamelot many years ago when the headlined ProgPower in Atlanta, they were awesome then. Sounds like this was a great show too, very unqiue and not so typical entertainment.

Not looking forward to Leaves Eyes, but I'm looking forward to seeing Kamelot for a second time.

I saw them play two years ago at BB King's and they were absolutely amazing. The show took my breath away.

I'm planning to catch them this summer with Leaves Eyes as well. I just wish they would play some more songs from Epica, it's still far superior to The Black Halo in my book.