Going dark.

Technically, posting on forums at all is a call for attention. Would you want to post something that you didn't want people to see? My posting this, or the public announcement that i'm leaving the interwebz for a while amount to essentially the same thing. Whinging about it won't change any damn thing.

that's because metal is more important than trivial personal resolutions.

On a personal note: It would mean a lot to me and the band if you guys in or near LA would go out and watch this show. Clandestine and Intromental put a lot of effort into getting it done, and they're excited as hell to play. Tickets are $12, and you can email and get them right from the band. They're on stage around 10:15 or so I believe, and it's on a Friday night! Would love some of the forum members to get out and review the show! :)

Oh hi, I'm sort of back for a little bit :)

Bob, your whole life is a cry for attention. :p

2007.jpg

still a cry for attention

It's not why I posted. I didn't even remember I posted this thread. I did it because I figured it would be interesting conversation, which it sort of was, apparently.

Not that you'll believe it, being an old cynical bastard, in which case, .... thanks for paying attention to me?

that's because metal is more important than trivial personal resolutions.

ROTFLMAO.

Actually, I felt I got things a little more under control. I was thinking a lot about facebook and forums. I couldn't get online fast enough even when I wasn't in front of my computer. It was pretty silly when I noticed it, so I took a break and worked on other things. Got a lot accomplished in that week and a half.

I may do it again soon. It was rejuvenating not bothering to keep up with everyone constantly. Once I stopped thinking about wanting to post constantly I decided it was a green light I'd been gone long enough.

I may do it again soon. It was rejuvenating not bothering to keep up with everyone constantly. Once I stopped thinking about wanting to post constantly I decided it was a green light I'd been gone long enough.

I would do it again if I were you. It's fun. There is something about spending time outdoors in the quiet relaxing that cannot be equaled by the interwebs. For some reasons places that don't have TV or PCs or the interwebz or AC just seem to be more relaxing :)

Every time I see the title of this thread get bumped near the top of the Lounge, I see it as "Going dork".

I'm not sure what this says about my mindset or just what I expect from the general population around here :)

Ken

I would do it again if I were you. It's fun. There is something about spending time outdoors in the quiet relaxing that cannot be equaled by the interwebs. For some reasons places that don't have TV or PCs or the interwebz or AC just seem to be more relaxing :)

You just want to get rid of me. Don't worry, We're going camping this weekend. ;)

No AC? Not sure where you live...but I don't think so...ha!

Camping is the biggest one. My family has a cottage in BFE Wisconsin (aka they couldn't run cable to the house if we wanted to, no clear LOS for a dish, and there is no cell reception). We never cared to install AC.:err:

Camping is the biggest one. My family has a cottage in BFE Wisconsin (aka they couldn't run cable to the house if we wanted to, no clear LOS for a dish, and there is no cell reception). We never cared to install AC.:err:

I have a friend in Mountain, WI who is still on dialup for the same reason....