Going for Slate Trigger

Gelatin

Boob inspector
Jun 10, 2002
Stockholm, Sweden
www.facebook.com
I'm really thinking about going for Slate Trigger after having been a Drumagog user for a while. I've heard really good things and hoping that Trigger is a bit more stable and I like being able to mix different samples within the same instance of the plugin.

I know there are a few threads on this already but now it's been a while since Slate Trigger came out so I wanted to hear from some long term users. What's good and what's bad about it? Also, would you say it's stable and reliable?

It's generally very good. Of all the slate plugins it crashes the most IME. Also in logic it's a version behind, although apparently the latest version is coming?

Would like to see more things automatable, amongst a few other things. Look for the thread slate trigger - where we are now for the latest...

That Massey drm looks interesting if you're in Pt land

The best purchase I made this year. It takes some getting used to but once you get it going it's a great thing to have.

the plugin works very good here, never had a crash (W7, Cubase6 64bit, TRIGGER 64bit)

it's sometimes really hard to trigger stuff properly, i get the notes to trigger right but it does not sound right,
there's a big gap between the soft mid and hard samples, it often sounds very unnatural imho.
i think it has something to do with the sample progamming, wish slate would handle out the wav files for trigger users so i could it find out by myself